Chapter 11: Smitten

“These were strange human beings, weirdly inflated, their breasts enormous spheres, held in place by string bikinis with cups the size of fourteen-meter yacht spinnakers.”

                                                                                                                                                             Chapter |11|

I, Cassandra “Honey” Jones, was going to be owner of one of the most famous strip clubs in Nevada, Hustler’s Palace and damn did that shit feel good! Of course I had no knowledge of business and management but Big Poppa said he was going to coach me through the whole thing and encourage that I take some buisness classes so that it looked like I been managing for years.

Shit, it was also a great oppertunity for me to go to school. Something I've always wanted to do since I graduated.

As a pre-celebration, Tyrone decided to take me out for drinks at one of my favorite bars, Daphine’s. Tyrone, Nora and I sat in one of the booths while loud music was blaring through the building speakers. Tonight, it was packed full of people.  We had a tray full of Vodka shots sitting in the middle of the table as Tyrone spoke.

“Congratulations to Honey on her new business venture! May her days be filled with headaches and lazy workers!” I laughed and rolled my eyes as we all grabbed our first shot glass. Nova did the honors.

“To headaches and lazy workers!” She squealed. We all repeated the phrase and clanked our glasses together, taking the first shot without chasers, straight to the head. I felt the warm of the alcohol spread across my chest and scrunched up my face like I tasted a lemon.

“Woah, that shit is strong!”

“I don’t know what you guys talkin’ about. This vodka tastes like water.” Nova said already reaching for her fourth shot glass. All I could do was shake my head and laugh. That girl was a trip! Nova was small in height and weight so I was sure she was gonna get hammered way before Tyrone and I.

“Speaking of business ventures, you should let me help you invest in other businesses after you get used to handling the club.” Tyrone said downing his second shot of vodka. He slammed his hand down on the table at the strength of the alcohol.

“Sure,” I replied. I really didn’t care about future investments, as long as this money was rolling in by the barrels, everything else didn’t even matter. If Tyrone was willing to help with that, shit, who was I to say no?

“Did you tell Zeke yet?” Nova asked. I looked at her and shook my head no. I actually planned on telling him tomorrow night though it was going to be a little hard seeing as he didn’t know I was a stripper. We were going on our third date. The second date was when we took me to the Aquarium last weekend. I couldn’t help but smile at the memory of him asking me out again yesterday after I ran into him at the bank. It seemed we kept doing that lately, running into each other that is.

“I was going to tell him tomorrow night.”

“He’s meeting you at the club?” Nova asked while digging into her purse. Her head was almost completely swallowed by the purse. It was a tote purse so it was big enough and now I was positive it was bottomless.

“Nope” I said popping the ‘p’. “We’re actually going out again on a date.” Nova lifted her head from inside her purse and grinned from ear to ear.