Part 4: A Rival

i couldnt find a nice pic of mary x gray so yeah... xDD
-------------------------------------------------

Claire's POV

i stared at gray as i noticed the maroon colored book he was holding

"its my novel~ would you like to read it someday too?" that girl with glasses cheerfully asked me, im guessing she's the librarian here. she seems nice though, but for some reason, i find her a bit annoying.

“have you met gray? He comes here very often~” she held his hand as she ‘introduced’ gray to me. (uhhh…I already know him…. =.=)

“I met him the first time I moved here…” I replied with a dull and boring voice… trying to keep my ‘cool’ coz if I don’t, someone in this room would get hit by my hammer and stabbed with a sickle.

Now I know I sound like some psychotic murderer but honestly, its not the first time I hit someone on the head with a hammer. This morning, I got mad at the mayor so I brutally smashed my hammer on his temple which sent him off crying like a baby. (sadly…he didn’t die ._. )

Im just glad he didn’t used his ‘mayor authority’  to call harris on me. harris is the guard of mineral town, and since it’s a very small town, he seems to be the only guard there.

Okay….that was off the topic… so where was i?

Oh…yeah…

I might kill the librarian if she flirts with gray more.

“hmmm….you’ve already met him huh? That’s not fair, I never get to introduce myself to you~”

She extended her right hand, signaling a handshake gesture.

“my name is mary. Im a librarian~”

Thanks a lot, captain obvious…

Gray nudged his elbow on my arm, sending out a glare but I think he’s just trying to tell me to not say my thoughts out loud

I grabbed mary’s hand and shook it, feeling kinda embarrassed.. hoping that she didn’t heard me thinking.

“i-i-im Claire! I own the old farm the mayor used to own!”  I stuttered as I still tried to keep my ‘cool’ and stay calm.

“hello claire~ I hope you get to visit here daily just like gray over here~~ but….if youre gonna read books right now, im afraid youre gonna have to do that tomorrow… our closing time is at 4…”

Oh…so that means it’s four o’clock…

I get to leave now? Yay~~

I waved my hand (at gray) as I exited the library, making my way out of HELL (im kidding….lol…)

Mary waved back though, making me feel kinda guilty for being an asshole to her.

Uwaaahhh Claire… why wont you try to act nice to people for once?