Chapter One- The Concert

Rebecca's POV
I buried my head in my pillow, trying to ignore my beeping alarm. It was going to be another one of those days, where the lymes completely took over. And it didn't help at all that I hadn't gotten my medicine at all in the last three weeks. I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom, where I promptly threw up several times. Douglas burst in, yanking me up from the floor, and slapping me several times.

       "What are you doing in here, you worthless brat?! Go and get dressed!" I crawled back to my room, locking the door behind me.

         "Did he do anything to you, Bec?" Emma whispered, peeking out from under the bed. I pulled out a pair of black jeans, a short-sleeved black shirt, and a brown, green, and black sweater vest.

        "He just smacked me this time. Em, I have to get that medicine, and soon. This is not working." She crawled out, fear evident on her face.

        "But you know what happened last time! He took it, and used it for who-knows-what! You can't do it, Bec!" I sighed, dressing and grabbing my small collection of money. I pulled on my combat boots, looking over at Emma.

         "I don't care. I have to. And you can't stop me." I climbed out the window, sliding down the tree. Tonight, I would finally get to use the ticket I had been saving up most of my money for. The best concert ever, also known as a For King And Country, Skillet, Moriah Peters, and We Are Messengers concert. It was the final performance of their Priceless tour, and the movie would come out in a week. I got the medicine, and immediately took two of the pills. I wasn't watching where I was going, and crashed into a woman. She was holding a four year old's hand, and holding a one year old.

       "I'm sorry! Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." She smiled slightly.
       "It's fine. I wasn't really watching either. What's your name?" She asked. Someone was actually being kind to me? Whoa.
        "Rebecca. And you?" The four year old waved.
        "Hi, Webecca! I Jude! This my brother, Pete, and my mama." She laughed, looking down at him.
        "I'm Courtney. And this is Jude, as he said, and his brother, Phoenix." Where had I heard those names before? Oh well.

        "It was nice to meet you three, but I have to be going. Maybe I'll see you guys around here." We said goodbye, and headed our separate ways. Where had I heard those names before, though?!

                 Courtney's POV
There was about two hours until the show, and I still couldn't get Rebecca out of my mind. I guess Luke knew there was something on my mind.

       "What's wrong, love? You've been kind of quiet all afternoon. You didn't even notice when Jude ran onstage during sound check." I chuckled.
       "Sorry. It's just....I ran into a girl while we were out this morning. She seemed almost too thin, and she had bruises on her arms and face. I just felt like God wanted her to crash into me." He looked slightly confused.

         "Wait....So you literally ran into her?" He chuckled, and I slapped his arm lightly.
        "That's not the point! Maybe she'll come tonight. I hope she comes." He smiled.
        "I do too. Anything else stand out about her at all?" I frowned.
         "She seemed....scared. Like she was afraid someone was after her. And she had a prescription bag from the pharmacy. I'm wondering if she's sick or something." He looked down, shaking his head.

        "You're still thinking about Chrissie, aren't you?" I bit my lip to keep from crying. Christine Elisabeth. We had adopted her about nine months after we'd gotten married, six years ago. She had just turned ten and Jude was a year and a half, when we found out she had a terminal cancer diagnosis. She had lived another six months, and then she died. And even two years later, it still hurt.

        "A little bit." I whispered. Not many people knew that a couple of the songs on Crave were written for Chrissie. Missing, Love's To Blame, and Hope Is What We Crave. Luke sat down, wrapping his arms around me. Chrissie had been such a daddy's girl, so I knew that part hurt. Joel walked up, singing softly and bouncing little Jael. Joel and Moriah had welcomed Jael Grace and Isaac Anthony into their family about ten weeks ago.

       "Oh, sorry. Did I walk in at a bad time?" He whispered, trying to keep Jael asleep. I chuckled, and Luke stood, peeking at his niece.

       "No, you're fine. Where's Moriah?" I asked, also standing. Luke gently slipped his finger into her open hand, and she opened her brown eyes, staring up at her dad and uncle.

      "Luke! I had just gotten her to sleep! She's on one of the busses, feeding Isaac. Why, if you don't mind my asking?" I chuckled at the two again, standing.

       "No reason, really. Just wanted to talk with her." I headed out, looking at the crowd. How likely was it I'd see one girl again? Not likely at all. But.....I did. She stood in line, quiet, and waiting, holding a VIP ticket. I smiled, watching her.

         "Thank you, God. And please, help that girl. I can tell she's hurting."

Author's note- Hello! What do you all think? I'd like to give a huge shout-out to some people here. Go follow them! They're awesome! Love y'all!- Craver_Priceless

_ily_13
Ambidextrous-Drummer
christismysaviour
hadassahthewriter
heavenknowsyoumatter
jilnysoto
messenger237
ThisWillBeLovely