Part two - Is this real life?

A/N : 1 : I've decided to title my part two of the amazing Forest Fic Is this real life and 2 : I hope that you're ready... -Carter

Tyler's eyes flutter open as he starts to see color again. He can't distinguish just quite what the shapes are, but he can tell that there are at least 3 people standing around him.

"He's coming to." He can barely understand what the people around him are saying, but, as the world starts to get less and less blurry, he can identify his mom, dad and a doctor all standing around him while the doctor appears to be checking his vitals. As soon as he's fully awake and sat upright in his hospital bed, he starts to remember what happened.

Flash back to the treehouse

Tyler lies on his back and watches as fire slowly engulfs the roof. The treehouse is starting to fill with smoke.

Something inside him is pulling, insisting that he has to get out, get out before he suffocates or burns. He ignores it. He doesn't care anymore.

Tyler falls asleep as everything around him burns.

He doesn't care.

As the world around him turns grey with smoke, he hears sound of agony from the ground and sees people entering the treehouse before everything fades to black.

Who saved him? Why did they save him?

He couldn't remember for the life of him why his life was worth saving.

Several months later, when Tyler is allowed to go out on his own again

As he was walking around the forest, the world was still just as blue-black as he remembered it to be before the incident. He tries to forget about Josh but he somehow always finds a way to start thinking about him.

He wonders if it was Josh who saved him. If Josh was actually listening to Tyler's apology for saying he wasn't real.

No. No. What was he thinking? Of course Josh wasn't real! Someone must have seen the fire or smelled the smoke and gotten him out of the burning tree.

But there was still a part of him that wanted to believe in Josh's existence. A part of him that wanted to believe that he was real.

But even if he were real back then, there's no way that he was still real now.

But that part of him that still believed in Josh made him feel guilty. It made him feel guilty that it was his fault that he wasn't still with Tyler, that he didn't have someone who truly understood him.

He was sad.

He was always sad.

But Tyler was quickly snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of footsteps behind him. They seemed to be going at the exact same speed has him, stepping in sink with his feet.

He decided to ignore it until the steps sped up a bit, until it sounded like they were running after him.

Out of pure instinct, Tyler began to run as well. From what, he didn't know. Or from who.

He was scared. He wanted Josh to hold him and tell him everything was alright. He needed Josh to hold him and tell him everything was alright.

Then he stopped. He doesn't know why. He just. Stopped.

Like his whole body froze and he couldn't move at all.

Then he noticed that the world was starting to look less and less blue-black and more and more pink-red-orange. He stops thinking for a second.

Pink-red-orange.

Josh.

Josh.