Chapter 1

Carli's P.O.V.
BEEP BEEP!! I mumble curse words in my head as I struggle to get up out of bed. Yesterday I had been late to class again. I was in the bathroom applying makeup to cover up the bruises from the night before when the bell rang. Since this is the 5th time that's happened the school called my dad. And you better belive that I got my punishment for that. I force myself out of bed. Even though I don't want to I know that skipping school will have a price. I get up and examine the damage from yesterday. It's worse than usual. I decide taking a shower is a good idea. As soon as the burning hot water touches my skin I can't help but wince at the pain. I get out of the shower and get dressed.The wounds are mostly on my stomach as usual so I put on a T-shirt and some sweatpants. Next comes the makeup. I apply some conclear on my bruises and put on some lip gloss. Then I wait until I hear the front door being closed.Once it is safe to go down I walk into the kitchen. Shit!I forgot to put my phone on charge last night.I quickly run upstairs and plug it in. Then I start to make breakfast. Looking at the clock I realize I have no time and grab a bar instead.I grab my phone and backpack and race out to the bus.I barley made it on. Looking around the only seat left is behind the driver. I sigh and make my way over there.