10// the project

That night me and Ace met up at his house. His house! I bet it's a disaster.

When I walked in I saw it was actually neat. I was kinda shocked.

"How 'bout this. You do all the work and I chill? Yeah?" He asked sitting on the couch.

"No, we do it together!" I snapped and sat by him. "What do you want to do the project on?"

"The bio on monkeys," he said nodding his head and propping his feet on the coffee table in front of him.

"Monkeys?" I asked with raised eyebrows and looking at him.

"What? I like Monkeys," he said not noticing I was laughing. Wait... I didn't even know I was laughing. Wow that's weird.

I pulled out my computer and went to Microsoft word.

I began typing away. When I was done typing enough I got up.

"I typed enough. Bye," I said leaving.

Before I could get out the door a girl who looked in her mid thirties walked in the house. She didn't look quite like a mom. She had skinny jeans and a flower half long sleeve shirt.

"Who's this?" She asked sending a warm smile.

"I'm Skylar," I said returning her smile.

"Hi Skylar, I'm Whisper. Ace's mom," she said extending her hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you Whisper," I said shaking her hand.

"You wanna stay for dinner?"

"Um... thanks, but I really gotta get home," I said waving at her then leaving.

It was already dark and I had to walk home. Great. Good thing he lives two blocks from me.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I made it home safe and unharmed.

"Where were you?" My dad asked.

Shoot! I forgot to tell them I had a project to do and that I'll be late to get home.

"Sorry. I had a project with a kid at our school," I apologized.

"It's ok, but tell us tomorrow," my dad said walking away. I walked up to my room and fell asleep.