Chapter 2

the next morning.
(texts between Chase and Ava)
C: good morning! do you and mandy work today?
A: nope! probably just gonna be a lazy day!
C: you know, i might take your advice and go and get some more experience with racing..
A: you're seriously going to do it?
C: no. do you think i'm crazy? i just have practice today. haha
A: you really got me there. ahaha
C: that was the plan! anyway. do you and mandy wanna come and watch practice and maybe we can teach y'all about nascar?
A: sounds good to me! i'll have to talk to mandy about it .
C: don't worry about that, ryan already did. ahaha
A: wooowww ahhaha
-
"they're going to meet us at gate 13 here in 40 minutes." i say grabbing my bag. "i say we meet them early."
"i like how you think, girl!" mandy says grabbing her phone and keys. we walk out of our apartment and get into the car. as we pull up to the track mandy calls ryan.
"so, we got bored and we're here." she laughs. she hangs up and i park.
"they're gonna meet us there" she says. we get out and speedwalk to the outer part of the track. we get into a transit and arrive at the gate. we see them and as we get out they walk over to us.
"so we're not actually allowed to let you guys in." ryan says as the transit pulls away.
"are you serious?" i say looking from ryan to chase.
"no, y'all are gonna get in don't worry." chase laughs. he hands me and mandy two lanyards with pit passes that say HOTPASS.
"alright, let's go." ryan says as we put them on. the guards let us go by and we walk on the track into the pits. they show us around and ryan stops to talk to some fans.
"we can either stay down here or go to the motor homes. which one?" chase says as we walk towards a trailer with napa blue paint and all chases sponsors.
"xfinity practice is about to start so we have to choose quick." ryan says motioning towards the time on his phone.
"i'm good with going to the motor homes." mandy says and i nod.
"alright, we're gonna walk because i don't see any vans." ryan says. we walk back off the track and a younger girl stops us and asks chase and ryan for a picture.
"is that your girlfriend chase?" an even younger girl asks. i blush and he laughs.
"not yet."
"oh wow." mandy says surprised.
after they take the pictures we walk down to the area where the homes are.
"i'm gonna show mandy mine." ryan says. we wave goodbye and chase opens a door and let's me go in first.
"it's a lot bigger than i thought." i say laughing.
"yeah, it's kinda a mess too." he says throwing away some trash on the table. i start to help and he tells me no. i laugh and continue to clean up anyway.
"it's just cleaning up. it doesn't matter." i say after we finish. " since you're working on gettin me as your girlfriend you might as well get used to it." i shrug.
"oh you actually did hear that.. you just didn't say anything." he says laughing. i sit down on the couch and he hands me the remote to the tv.
"you can turn on the xfinity practice and i can tell you about it." he says opening the mini fridge. he gets two mountain dews and hands one to me. i turn on the tv and he sits down next to me.
-
as the xfinity practice ends ryan and mandy knock on the door. chase lets them in and they join us watching the end of the practice.
"hey guys, can you take a picture of us?" chase says taking out his phone and handing it to mandy. she gets up and takes a picture of us. he thanks her and sends me the picture.
"you guys wanna come watch practice or stay here and watch? " chase says getting up.
"we can stay here and just meet y'all after." mandy says shrugging.
"yeah, it's kind of cold out." i say looking up at chase.
"alright, y'all can just come down durning the race." ryan laughs. we laugh and nod. ryan leaves and chase goes into the bathroom and comes out in his fire suit. he says goodbye and we watch the practice on the couch.