Chapter 3

Unpacking was easy. We shared a bathroom but we had our own closets which was nice. Over the days Grace and I got closer. School started in two days and I was craving my old friends. Unfortunately, Jenna couldn't hang out because she was school shopping and Emma was grounded. Luke was always my last option. It also turns out I could've gotten a boy for a roommate. They're trying this new thing where girls and guys can live together. Wonderful. I guess it benefited me because Luke was allowed in my room.

"Hey, you don't mind if my friend comes over for a while do you?" I asked Grace who was watching Supernatural.

"Go ahead. Who's the friend?"She glanced at me.

"Luke. He's an old friend of mine."

"Oooo, boyfriend?"

"Something like that..." I scratched the back of my head.

"Oh, you two are in a love but friend relationship?"

"pretty much."

"Cool. I was in one of those when I was 13, we ended up just dating. He broke up with me when I was accepted here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. When did this happen?"

"Three months ago."

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here." I offered.

"Thanks, Bella. Can I call you that?"

"Yeah." I heard a knock on the door.

I walked up and answered it. Luke did even take a moment to walk in. He immediately embraced me in a hug. I hugged him back.

"Okay... Luke, air." I said.

He let me go and laughed, "So, this is your room? Who's this?" Luke motion to Grace.

"This is my roommate Grace."

"Cool." He smiled. Then I noticed it.

"Whoa Luke. What's going on with your nose?"

"Oh the nose ring. Yeah, pretty cool right. I did it myself. I forgot to numb it though. Hurt like a bitch."

"Well, it looks good on you."

"Thanks."

"Hey, I'm Grace." Grace walked up to Luke.

"Sup Grace."

"You look kinda familiar."

"People say I look like Chris Collins and Conner Dennis so I'd expect you to say that."

"Yeah, you do look like them. With Conner's nose ring and his hair. You have the profile of Chris though."

"Yup. Very observant I see."

"Pretty much." She giggled.

I guess I trickled away from hanging out with Luke today. For most of the day, Luke and Grace talked. It made me upset but I ignored it. It's not like me and Luke are actually anything. I turned on the TV and changed the channel to the news. Grace and Luke stopped their conversation. We starred at the TV in horror.

"Investigators have found some of the missing teenagers from the Private school, Marilyn High. They said that they were brutally tortured and left to slowly die. 3 out of the 5 teenagers have been found, but none are alive." The anchor said sadly.

"Oh my God..." Grace said.

"Wow, is that why they closed off some of the campus?"

"I guess so."

"Word has it that the murderer is on the campus ground and police are coming in and are going to be checking all dorm rooms."

"The killers on campus... Going to our school..." I said slowly.

"Bells, can I talk to you privately for a minute?" Luke said getting up.

"Yeah..." He looked a little scared. No, worried. We walked out the room into the empty hallway.

"I don't want you to go to this school." he said flatly.

"Luke-"

"Let me finish. I don't want you to be raped by some psycho. I want you alive and happy. Maybe you can just apply to an online Private school or something. I just... I care about you a lot and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm sorry, I-this... I've been waiting forever to get in this school. I'm not going out because of this. There'll be security everywhere know. It will be safer."

"I don't care if there's security. If I'm not going to be here, I don't want you to be here either. And knowing you, you'll get yourself in trouble."

"I'll be fine. I don't need someone catering me!"

"I never... Bells." He stepped in close and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"No. You aren't going to try and influence me to change my mind." I stomped my foot down. Luke leaned down and lightly pressed his lips to mine. I pulled away, " I think you need to leave."

"Bells..." Luke said.

I walked back into the room. Grace asked what happened but I didn't want to talk about it. Why does everyone want me to leave? They do know this has been my dream forever right? I get it that they wanted me to be safe but that's what the security is here for.

I talked to Grace about it and she said they worried to much and I agreed. Luke wouldn't stop texting me either. I thought about replying but I wasn't to happy with him. I'd just wait a few days before I talk to him. It'll help me cool down I guess.

Author's Note: Okay, I said this one would be better but it isn't. I'm a liar obviously, it can't get any better than that lol. This took a while for me to think of because I didn't want school to start yet, and I didn't want shit to go down. In the next chapter, things will slowly get there, I hope. I may change my mind on it. Idk.