Chapter Two

Tanin twirled her wand aimlessly in her fingers whilst in potions class, bored out of her mind.

"Miss Scamander," the potions master, Severus Snape, scolded. "I do not condone you pointing that wand whilst not paying attention, and I especially do not you not listening to my lesson. Fifteen points from Gryffindor."

"I wasn't not paying attention to where I was pointing my wand, sir," Tanin responded immediately, still twirling the wand. Charlie, sitting next to her, put his head in his hands. He could tell already this wouldn't end well. "And, by the looks of it, and your attitude, it's pretty obvious you haven't gotten a chance to point your wand-"

"Tanin!" Charlie hissed, catching her's and the professor's attention. "Stop joking-"

"So you think this is a joke, Mister Weasley?"

Charlie groaned as Snape spoke. "No, I-"

"Twenty more points from Gryffindor," Snape said. "Detention, both of you. Arrive here at eight tonight. Now, if I may continue with my lesson..."

"I cannot believe you, Tanin," Charlie complained after class, heading to their next period, Defense Against the Dark Arts. "You can't make a... a sex joke... while our teacher is scolding you!"

Tanin simply shrugged. Throughout all her years at Hogwarts, she had managed to get almost every teacher to loathe her. All except McGonagall, the divination teacher, Trelawney, the care of magical creatures professor, Kettleburn, and Dumbledore. Well, with McGonagall, Tanin was the first to admit it was a hate-respect type of student-teacher relationship. She constantly got in trouble, but she admired her professor very much, and McGonagall seemed to feel the same way. But somehow, Tanin had managed to be Trelawney's star student-- maybe because the sixteen year old was one of the only ones in the whole school that believed in the "rubish" that the woman taught, at least, that was how Charlie put it. But it was no surprise that the granddaughter of Newton Scamander was the care of magical creatures prodigy, so of course Kettleburn favored her. And, by some miracle, the headmaster himself had a great deal of respect for the sixteen year old. Of course, Tanin was confused as to how, with her grades being only mediocre, maybe less in quite a few, but the girl wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to be a teacher's pet.

Tanin shrugged. "I mean, it's not like he's a virgin." The girl suddenly stopped on her tracks, her face cringing. "Ew... Bad mental image."

Charlie couldn't help but choke out a laugh at the look Tanin's face. "You sure are something, Tan. Something really... Special."

Tanin wrapped her arm around Charlie's shoulders, laughing slightly. "I'll take that as a complement," she told him, walking with Charlie down the corridor towards their next class.

"I wonder how Cardomin is going to be," Charlie said after Tanin removed her arm.

"I wonder how long it'll take until Cardomin breaks." Tanin grinned, thinking of all the prank possibilities she could throw at the new teacher to annoy the hell out of her.

The ginger shook his head in disappointment. "You know it's not right to torture the teachers, Tan."

"But that's what makes it fun," Tanin whined.

Charlie sighed. "You'll never learn, will you?"

"Nope."

The redhead sighed as he and his best friend reached their classroom. They entered quietly, finding that they were the last ones in the room. Although, that wasn't too unusual for the duo.

Yamil Cardomin, the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, sat at a small desk at the front if the room, her feet on the table, and her nose in a book. Tanin frowned as she looked at the professor, trying to determine what kind of educator the woman would turn out to be. Obviously not stuck up, the girl thought. But then again, she may be too laid back, and we wouldn't learn anything at all... Tanin sighed, giving up for the time being. Unfortunately, reading people was not one of her strong suits.

"You alright?" Charlie asked as the two of them made their way to an empty desk near the back of the room.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to judge a book by it's cover... But it's not working out well."

He laughed, sitting in one of the chairs. "You really are unique, huh?"

Tanin snorted as she sat beside the ginger. "I hate you, Charlie Weasley."

"You love me, Tanin Scamander," Charlie said, grinning madly, before a bell rang, signaling the start of class.

Cardomin sighed, placing a sheet of paper in her book before shutting it close. With her feet still propped up on her desk, she asked, "So... How was everyone's day?" When no one spoke up, Cardomin just laughed it off and stood. "I can Just feel the love, guys," she said, her accent foreign.

The first thing Tanin noticed about her new professor was her odd outfit. The woman wore light blue jean pants, with an identical jacket, and a purple blouse underneath. Tanin just furrowed her brows in confusion, but the boy beside her chuckled quietly.

"Ah, one person thinks I'm funny," Cardomin smiled as she looked at Charlie. Obviously she was definitely not hard of hearing.

"Actually... It was just your outfit," he explained. "It's a muggle one, right?"

The professor grinned, "Someone's been paying attention in Muggle Studies."

"No, his dad's just a blood traitor," a Slytherin called out, he and his friends laughing.

"Oh shut it, Futid," Tanin glared at the boy, calling him by his ridiculous last name.

Montanne Futid opened his mouth to say more, but quickly closed it when he saw Cardomin give him a stern look.

"If everyone would be quiet, that would be highly appreciated," she said, continuing to shoot daggers that the sixth year Slytherin, before walking back to the front of the room. "Alright, I have been informed of the point system in place here at Hogwarts, so this is your first and final warning. I don't like being a stick in the mud, but if I have to, I will be. Now, first things first, I will go over the rules in this classroom; One, no slacking. Two, no talking out of turn. Three, no cheating. And four, no bullying or discrimination, especially due to blood lineage," Cardomin turned her gaze back to Futid, making a few Gryffindors laugh.

Tanin grabbed a piece of parchment and her quill and ink. Quickly, she wrote a note to Charlie, before sliding it over to him.

'I like her already.'