Chapter Two-Nightmare

Curtis's POV.

His baby girl was asleep, her clothes were tangled with Curtis's on the floor. They'd started sleeping earlier, seeing as D went to work at nine at night and came back at seven in the morning. Their nights always ended like this, both of them naked in bed with their clothes sprawled on the floor. Whether they had sex or not, they always slept like this. The duvet ended at the bottom of her back. She was peaceful, her chest facing down into the mattress.

The dim light of the lamppost outside slipped through the gaps reflected off of her dark skin, leaving lines of light across her back. Her dark hair was sprawled across her pillow. Dion was his peaceful Angel. The rock that he fell back on.

Curtis, on the other hand, had sweat beading down his temples. His breathing was harsh and quick and seemed to be strained. It felt as if a sandbag was on his chest, he found it hard to breath in and out.

Curtis looked at Dion, she was still fast asleep, he reached out and gently ran his finger along her back. Her skin was smooth and warm against his cold shaking fingers.

Any other night, if Curtis have woken for no reason, he'd have nuzzled his face into Dion's shoulder and let his hand lye on the small of her back. Then he'd have fallen asleep aswell.

But this night, he hadn't woken for no reason. He'd woken from a nightmare. I know what your thinking, why is a thug having nightmares?

Curtis was only human.

He quickly climbed out of bed and pulled some trousers on and buttoned them up around his hips. Curtis slipped into his shoes and walked to the window in their living room. He opened the window silently. He climbed up the fire exit until he was alone on the roof.

He sat on the side wall and watched the night. Every time he closed my eyes, Curtis saw it again.

His nightmare.

Dion's POV.

She stirred softly, rolling over and trying to reach for her boyfriend. She felt like she was waking up a lot in his absence lately. Dion climbed out of bed and pulled some underwear on and one of Curtis's jumpers. She walked out into the living room, seeing that the window was open. She felt the draft blowing into the apartment. She silently cursed Curtis for leaving it open and allowing the heat to leave the apartment.

Dion sighed softly, climbing out and ascending the fire exit steps until she was on the roof. She saw the shadow of Curtis's broad shoulders against the light of the lamppost. She walked over to him, wincing softly as her feet went over rough ground and the cold air sliced her thighs. She reached out and touched his arm.

Curtis turned and met his girl's gaze, he held it for a while before reaching out and taking the back of her knees and pulling Dion's body to him. He rested his forehead against her abdomen and rubbed soft circles on the backs of her thighs. Dion stroked his head in the process.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She replied, not having to think of a reply at all. She knew that whenever he told her he loved her that she would say it back immediately, because she truly loved him deep down.

He sighed softly,"I'm sorry for taking the piss outta ya job shawty."

"It's fine." She smiled.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"It's-" Dion stopped talking to think, until she realized she had no idea. "I'm not sure." She confessed. Curtis nodded and picked her up, saving her bare feet from the rough floor. He carried her to the steps before pulling Dion onto his back. She held on firmly, she was quite strong for a frail lil' black girl. They went inside.

Dion saw that the time was 21:00 pm (nine o'clock) and got dressed into a tight, black button up shirt and a pencil skirt. Her body looked amazing in anything she wore, whether it was a baggy shirt or a tight body dress. She slipped into her heals and touched up her make up and let her hair fall naturally on her shoulders.

Dion looked at Curtis, walking over and planting a passionate kiss on his lips. She pulled away and he took her to his car and drove her to work.

"I'll be here at seven." He promised, stopping the car outside of the club.

She nodded, about to get out when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, slamming his lips against her own. Dion kissed back, fire building in her chest. His lips departed from her lips and peppered across her jaw until they fell upon Dion's neck. Gently, with his long fingers, he tilted her chin so he had more access.

His mouth surrounded a part of her neck, sucking and biting softly. Dion grasped his arm, gasping softly as the pleasure crept up on her at the most unlikely of times. He pulled away, a smirk on his lips.

Dion knew there was a mark on her neck, she could tell by the tenderness.

"Such a gentleman."