Chptr. 36

"I feel too cold to live, too young to die

Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?

...

I lost my mind in the city of lights

In the backstreets buildings and the neon lights

When I heard the thunder, I could feel the rain..."

~ Jungle by X Ambassadors from the album 'VHS'

(The song is on the side (or well, above), the album can be found on Spotify and iTunes)

...

...

"Percy, are you okay?" Percy looked up at Thalia, "Yeah yeah... Just... Y'know..." Thalia sat down next to him, watching Nico and Will putting up the two candles and the pictures of their friends. Feelings were mixed... Percy felt an internal battle, should he be happy for Annabeth? Now that she does not have to worry about the Gods, the battles, the past that will haunt them forever... But he missed her so much... No. No. He was happy for her. It was selfish to even reconsider, what was he thinking? He would not want anyone to feel like this! Now she has no worries, being in Elysium. Now she can be free, not the lie of freedom they got fed by the Gods, but truly free.

When everything was set up, Nico and Will went to sit beside their friends on the couch. They just stared. Remembering everyone in their own way, memories that would not fade from their mind, it was all so much. Tears would not appear in the demigods' eyes as they thought of their friends. They deserved peace after everything...

A knock was heard on the door. Percy looked up in shock, looking at the rest who also had widened eyes. "Please be careful, Perce..." The three went to the other room as fast as they could, if a God was here... There would be much more than just talking in the upcoming hour, or hours. Percy went to the door very slowly, another knock was heard, making him shiver. He grabbed the handle and took a deep breath. He opened the door and looked at who was standing there...

...

"I'm so sorry I didn't come to visit earlier... Young Perseus," Thor said, sitting on the couch with a mug of coffee in front of him. Thalia, Will and Nico were standing by the fireplace, while Percy sat on a chair next to the couch. "How did you find us, Thor?" "Heimdall." "Who..?" Thalia asked in a whisper. "He is the guard of Asgard, he sees everything and everyone within the Nine Worlds." "Nine... Nevermind," Percy said. "I see you have found a home for yourself here," Thor said motioning to the room around them. "Well, home..." Percy started. "Our home will always be New York City," Nico said. "This is our safehouse." Will nodded, agreeing with his boyfriend. "We are doing the best we can to make this our new 'home'," Percy said, quoting the last word with his hands. "But our hearts will always be in New York..."

"You could always...." Thor started but was interrupted by Percy. "No." "Percy..." "No, Thor. If we go there, the Gods might find us. Besides, I will not work with the man who blows up the grave of his sister and the loved ones of the last family member he had." "He is still your blood..." "No, he is not, he never was or will be, Thor." "He did not..." "Don't you dare talk about him in this house, Thor." Thor fell silent. "Percy..." Thalia started. "Calm down, please." Percy looked down with a big sigh and said, "Yes..." "Thor," Nico stepped forward, his arms crossed. "I think it's best for all of us if you decide that this is a fight that will have no winners." "Yes, Nico, I already found myself thinking the same." "Now," Will smiles. "Tell us some stories of Asgard, oh mighty God!"

...

"Help me..."

Please...

...

One week later...

"So, let the party begin!" The speech had ended, making the crowd go wild. "C'mon Percy! Let's dance!" Thalia shouted, dragging him towards the dance floor. The room filled with music, laughter and talking. Will started dancing beside Thalia and Percy, Nico refusing to go out there. After a few minutes, Will ran over to the table where Nico was sitting, eating some overpriced fancy food. "C'mon, Nico! Let's dance!" "Will, you and I both know I can't dance." "You mean, you don't know how to dance yet!" "Will, just..." "C'mon, Dark Lord! Show the Underworld that you are not only a boss but the boss!" Nico sighed and rolled his eyes when Will grabbed him by the arm and dragged him over to the floor. "Hey Nico!" Percy shouted over the music as he saw his friends arriving. "Don't you even..." "C'mon Neeks, a little positivity! Enjoy the moment! Live a little!" "Hmpf. Whatever." Nico started to move a little. The longer he was moving, the more. "Yeah!"

This was a night without worries. No worries of the past. No worries for the future. Just the fun they were having together in the now. Enjoying the time as if they were not the demigods who had lost everything. But as teenagers who were just at the beginning of their lives.

...

Hey everyone!
I hope you enjoyed that chapter!

Lots of love from The Netherlands,

Keep on smilin'!

Xo'

Maria