Chapter 5

A shiver ran down your spine as you closed the door to the bathroom; the abrupt chilliness of the room surprised you and it only made the idea of taking a hot shower all the more enticing. Swiftly, you stripped yourself out of your borrowed clothes and entered the shower, your hand latching onto the faucet and turning it on.

A faint, content sigh left your lips as you felt the warm and soothing water hit your face and eventually trailed down the rest of your body, heating up your freezing body and melting away the vague numbness that you'd developed from the cold air outside. You stayed in the same position for a while, simply allowing yourself to indulge in the pleasure of a hot shower.

But your aggravating mind couldn't simply let you have your enjoyment for long as the memory of what happened not twenty minutes ago with the sadistic redhead whose bathroom happens to be the one that you were currently taking a shower in found its way back into your thoughts. And along with that reminiscent came all the unsolved questions that had taken you much difficulty to forget. Those thoughts, those irritating and perplexing questions, they repeated through your mind like a broken film.

What on earth made you lose control like that? How could you let yourself go that much? You'd been teased by him more times than you could count! So why did you lose yourself this time? You were driven by what? Lust? The need for affection? Or could it really have been as the redhead had put it, love?

By the time that you'd come back to the present, you realized that the soft skin of your fingers had started to prune up. Taking this as a sign to actually begin showering, you reached your hand out and grabbed a bar of white soap that was placed on a small soap handler beside the shower faucet. You held the bar of soap closer to your nose, getting a whiff of the scent and you were immediately reminded of the time that Karma had trapped you in the boys' locker room. It was the exact same scent; your cheeks turned a faint shade of red as you realized that this was the exact same soap that Karma used on every inch of his wet and vaguely toned body every single day.

You quickly pushed those impure thoughts from your head once you'd snapped out of your trance. Deciding not to waste any more time than you already had, you began your shower with a blush that wouldn't fade no matter how much soap you'd lather on.

You turned off the shower once you were done and reached out an arm to grab the towel that hung on the towel rack just next to the shower. Once your fingers made contact with the soft material of the towel, you instantly snatched it from the rack and dried your wet body that was beginning to chill up again before wrapping it around yourself. You then stepped out of shower and your face contorted into a frown when you'd realized that you didn't know where the rain-soaked clothes that you wore from last night were. You could have chosen to put the borrowed clothes from Kayano-chan and Nakamura-chan back on but they had unfortunately gotten wet and you speculated that you had your showering tactics to thank for that. You let out a loud sigh before walking out of the redhead's bedroom.

If your assumptions were accurate, your clothes from last night should be in the laundry, so you'd made that room your first goal. You moved a few steps forward along the vaguely narrow hallway before spotting a closed wooden door on your right; you absentmindedly made your way to it and latched your hand onto the doorknob and gave it a quick turn but to your dismay, it was locked. Your hand fell back to your side as you'd decided to move forward to search for the laundry room.

Your eyes lit up with a sense of hope when you noticed faint rays of light seeping through the tiny space under a white-painted door. Without hesitation, you brought yourself towards the door and upon closer inspection, you realized that it was left slightly ajar. You immediately pushed it open and your eyes quickly scanned around the room. A wicker laundry basket then caught your eye and you broke into a victorious smile. "Bingo."

You went over to the basket that was filled with clothes and dug your hands inside without even a bit of reluctance. You gave out an irritated groan each time you found a piece of clothing that wasn't yours; you were getting exasperated awfully fast. Just as you were about to lose it, your hands held up another piece of clothing and your frustration dissipated and your face burned vibrant crimson when you'd realized what it actually was. There was without a doubt that that specific piece of clothing did not belong to you as what you were currently holding in your hands were a pair of red boxers. It didn't take long for you to figure out who the actual owner of them were and your face blushed even redder at the realization that you had Karma's boxers in your hands.

"(Y/ N)-chan?" your eyes went wide when you heard the exact sadistic redhead, whose underwear you were currently, holding speak out. You immediately shove the embarrassing piece of clothing back into the pile of clothes in the wicker laundry basket before getting back up on your feet and turning around to face the redhead who stood by the door of the room. "Karma-kun!" you blurted aloud with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

"Are you looking for something?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. From his lack of reaction, you surmised that he probably didn't see what had happened just a few seconds ago and you had never felt so relieved in your life. "Y-yes," you stammered vaguely which you regretted so much before adding in a firmer tone, "Where are my clothes?

He breathed out a sigh and headed towards a cabinet located at the opposite wall. You watched him attentively as he opened the cabinet door and took your clothes from last night from it before handing it to you. "Here." He said with his hand that held your clothes that had already been neatly folded.

"Arigato..." you mumbled slowly and almost cautiously as you took your folded clothes from him. You looked up and took in his expression; a lazy smile was splayed across his face and... that's when you noticed that his mercury eyes were not focused on your face but rather your chest. "S-stop staring!" you screamed at him and held your clean clothes over your chest for some sort of coverage beside the thin towel that was wrapped around your body. "Hentai!"

"Oh, come on, (Y/ N)-chan," he said, his infamous smirk creeping back onto his face. "I've let you see me half naked before, the least that you can do is return the favor." Your face grew even redder as the image of his half naked form from the other day crept back into your mind at the sadistic redhead's words. "I-I-I-" you stuttered uncontrollably as you struggled to get the words out from your lips. "It-It wasn't like I en-enjoyed seeing you l-like that anyways, so I-I don't see why I have to d-do the same for you." You quickly blurted out before averting your eyes away from his knowing clearly well that your embarrassment gave him a twisted sense of satisfaction.

"Oh, really now?" you heard him questioned, his voice was light and it held mock surprise. "Y-yes!" you answered without a second's thought before turning your back on him. "So now if y-you'll excuse me, I'll go change-" you started to say and were about to head out the door but an abrupt tug on your upper arm halted you in your tracks. And before you knew it, you were pulled back and you released a grunt when your back connected with something hard.

Your eyes widened when Karma's arm snaked around your waist and it finally dawned on you that your back was pressed against his warm clothed chest. "K-Karma-" you tried to speak but froze completely when you felt his nose brushed against your bare neck making your breath hitched within your throat.

"You used my soap," he murmured and you shivered as you felt the heat of his breath hit your sensitive neck. His smirk grew as he trailed his soft lips from the base of your neck to the tip of your left shoulder, leaving gentle butterfly kisses that made your legs go weak.

"Go-gomene..." your breathed through parted lips as Karma's free hand moving across your bare collarbone before stopping on the soft skin just above your chest. "Why are you apologizing, (Y/ N)-chan?" he whispered into your ear. "You've never smelt more irresistible."

Your chest heaved up and down as your breathing had become ragged and your heart had never pounded so hard in your life. "Hmm," you then heard the redhead hummed. "Your heart's beating really fast, (Y/ N)-chan," he murmured with a smirk and mercury eyes glistened with malice. "I wonder why..."

By this point, your face had flushed into a shade that was not much different from Karma's hair and you immediately broke yourself free from his grasps. "You're such a jerk!" You turned around and stared at him with wide, vaguely frightened eyes and blushing cheeks. You noticed a slight change in the redhead's expression when he caught yours and you thought that for once, he was going to apologize.

"Karma...?" you inquired when he made no attempt to respond to your insult.

"Your face..." he mumbled as he held a hand over half of his face. You raised your eyebrows in both curiosity and confusion and you leaned in to listen to what he had to say. "My face... what?" you asked, waiting.

There was a pause as the redhead seemed to be struggling slightly to speak his mind. "It's... turning me on." He eventually said with a twisted smirk that showed his canine teeth. Your eyes widened even more and you felt that you heart could've stopped right then.

"Y-you..." you mumbled as more blood gushed to your cheeks. "SADIST!" you screamed before dashing out of the room, leaving the sadistic and twisted redhead behind.

***

Once you were done getting changed, you headed downstairs and you flinched vaguely when you heard Karma called out your name as you'd reached the bottom of the stairs. Slowly and hesitantly, you turned your head in the direction of the source of his voice. "Yes, Karma-kun...?" you asked, not even trying to hide the reluctance in your tone.

Karma was seated on a large couch in the living room and he held up his arm to beckon you forward while he said, "Come here, (Y/ N)-chan."

Taking in a deep breath, you resisted the urge to run out of the house like a madwoman and obliged to the redhead's wish. "Sit down next to me." He flashed you a smirk and patted on the empty spot on the couch beside him. You put on a tight smile and sat down next to him; as sadistic and perverted as he may've been, he was still kind enough to take you back to his place instead of just leaving you on the pavement where something much worst could've happened to you the night before.

"Where's breakfast?" you then inquired him when you'd remembered that he'd stated that he was making it earlier that morning. "I thought you said that you were making it?"

You watched as he reached an arm out towards his left to grab something from the small table beside him and later presented you with a plate of nicely-made rice balls. "Here," he said with a rather smug smirk. "Bon appetite!"

"You actually made these?" you wondered aloud as you took one of the cute balls of rice wrapped with nori from the plate; you knew that rice balls weren't really something hard thing to make, but you also knew that it required at least some skills to be able to shape them into perfect spheres such as these.

Without waiting for Karma's reply, you said a quick 'Itadakimasu' before taking a bite of the rice ball in your hands. Your eyes widened as the flavor of the lightly-seasoned rice spread across your tongue; it was actually quite good! "This..." you started, staring at the rice ball in your hands before glancing to the smirking redhead seated beside you on the couch then back to the rice ball again. "Is surprisingly... really good..."

"Well, of course," Karma agreed with a pompous expression. "My cooking is the best after all." His smirk grew as he leaned back against the couch. You simply rolled your eyes at his words. "You're already sadistic and violent, Karma-kun, I don't think you need to add narcissistic into the list of your 'redeeming' qualities too."

The sadistic redhead ignored your remark and focused his attention on the TV which was showing a movie of people with big weapons... kill other people with big weapons... Your face scrunched up at the gory and violent sight and your eyebrows furrowed in chagrin at the loud gunshots and explosions coming from the TV. The very existence of the TV felt like a huge irritation to you at that moment as you were unable to finish your meal with the obviously fake but bloody and teared-up corpses on the screen.

"Karma-kun, can you please change the channel?" you said finally. "And turn down the volume too, it's distracting and not to mention annoying." But to your dismay, the sadistic redhead only turned up the volume and stuck his tongue out at you. "No."

You let out a groan and placed your half-eaten rice ball back on the plate on the coffee table in front of you. You then turn to glare at the redhead that sat beside you. "Then give me the remote!" you demanded with a firm tone.

Karma cracked a lazy smile and stood up with his right arm outstretched above his head with the TV remote in hand. "Then come and get it yourself, if you can even reach it that is."

"So you're going to play that game, huh?" you muttered to no one in particular before getting up on your tiptoes and stretched out your arms as high and far as you could. "Give it to me, you little sadist!" you cried before springing into a jump up to steal the remote from his grasp. You failed though, and miserably on that note, but that wasn't the worst of it; instead of landing back on the floor soundly and unharmed, your feet somehow managed to lose their balance just as they were about to make contact with the floor and you ended up falling forward which caused Karma to fall back on the couch and involuntarily broke your fall.

Groans and grunts erupted from both you and Karma from the impact of the fall. You lifted your face up and your eyes widened almost instantly when you saw Karma's face only centimeters away from yours. Your cheeks immediately flushed pink at the close contact and you were about to push yourself off of the redhead but you were halted by a pair of arms wrapping around your waist and keeping you in place on top of the sadistic redhead. You returned your gaze back on the redhead beneath you to find him smirking maliciously.

"And where do you think you're going, (Y/ N)-chan?" he asked slyly as his enthralling mercury orbs locked onto yours. "I actually quite like the position that we're in." You endeavored to free yourself from him but as always, it ended with fruitless results. "Now I'm going to ask you this again," Karma then spoke while you were in the midst of thinking of another method to free yourself. "Do you love me, (Y/ N)-chan?"

Your struggling ceased immediately at his words and your heart began to beat loudly against your chest once more; it would be an understatement to say that you were confused about the feelings that you felt for Karma and that frustrated you to the point where you felt like ripping your hair off. And if Karma was asking you sincerely, then maybe you would've thought more about finding a solution to answer it, but he was asking you this question over and over again just for his sheer amusement; it was sickening how he'd always play with your emotions and tease you and you were so tired of all of his twisted games!

Just then, an idea popped into your mind and a smirk slowly crept its way onto your face. You then casually pressed your body down against Karma's which received a low groan from his lips and his grip around your waist loosened slightly; your smirk grew. You leaned down to the side of Karma's face, your soft lips briskly brushed against his cheek before you whispered into his ear, "Never even in your wildest dreams."

And with that, you pulled away and pushed yourself off of the redhead whose arms had released you entirely. You seated yourself back onto the couch next to Karma and you heard him suck in a deep breath before chuckling. You glanced over at him as he sat up and flashed a smirk at you; his canine teeth shining brightly. "That was... interesting, (Y/ N)-chan." He chuckled, his mercury eyes glinting with mischief. "Never knew you were capable of teasing."

"Well, you shouldn't underestimate people." You replied plainly. "I really shouldn't." he smirked and brought himself off the couch. "That aside, I think it's about time we head over to the 3-E campus." He grabbed his black jacket from an armchair beside and slipped it on. "Come on, I'm walking you to school today."

You let out a sigh and looked up at him. "Do I have a choice?"

"No." he shot you a lazy yet mischievous smile.

"I thought so." You sighed again and got up from the couch.