ー章.

ー章.

michi was sweltering. a house that once fluctuated between hot and cold nicely had suddenly became just hot, as there was something wrong with the air conditioning unit.

her ceiling fan wasn't doing the trick, having spun all night at its highest speed, yet still didn't make her feel any cooler. the electric fan was in her mother's room and she didn't feel like going in there.

it was around six am. the earliest she'd ever opened her eyes on a day that wasn't a school day. stayed laid out on her bed with the same magenta bathing suit on, not bothering to put on the cropped sweater. who would?

she thought about going to the beach again. she found it to be quite pleasing to sit out on the beach early in the morning, when the sun was still just peaking over the city. her most peaceful moments were on the beach. her most calmest times were in the mornings.

on the mornings that weren't on weekdays.

to busy wrapped up in her own stuffy atmosphere and overthinking mind, she missed hearing her mother peak into her room – "i'll call the repair man later. alright?"

michi looked glanced at her and nodded, "okay." her mother rubbed her eyes, leaning up against the door frame as a yawn escaped her thin, chapped lips. "i'm sorry i was high again. i'm sorry for fighting with you, too."

"it's fine." she simply replies back, not wanting to talk about the previous situations anymore. and she figured her mom didn't want to either, as she didn't say another word. headed back to her room.

michi just continued to stare at her ceiling fan, continued to swelter. and she was doing pretty okay until her phone vibrated on her nightstand. but she didn't roll her eyes this time, was getting used to dead boy texting her at early hours.

dead boy: morning alive girl.

michi: morning dead boy.

dead boy: your name rhymes with kimchi

she chuckled, sitting up. michi and kimchi, huh? she replied:

michi: sure.

michi: your name doesn't rhyme with anything

she blinks, staring down at her phone, awaiting for him to text her back. she felt a little weird, her sense of humor wasn't that great. she knew she was bland. was very aware.

dead boy: jeongguk doesn't rhyme with anything, you're right

dead boy: nice sense of humor you got there

michi: what humor

michi: you think i was being funny with you??

dead boy: aigoo...

michi: you'll be lucky to even get a smile out of me

she exited out of imessage and turned her phone off, laying back down and rolling over on her tummy. she buried her face into her pillow and lowly screamed, anticipating his answer. as she soon as she felt the vibration, she screamed again.

dead boy: that shouldn't be too hard

dead boy: i think i can do it easily

michi: good luck

michi: you'll need it

michi: dead boy.

she giggles.