you don't know the half

i'm being shoved into a chair by a guard, my wrists once again cuffed.

i look around, blinking until i recognize where i am.

"tyler? it's dr. greene, do you remember me?" the woman sitting in front of me asks.

i nod, still shaking and confused. the guard who brought me here hasn't left yet. "w-what's going on?" i ask, feeling a burning in my chest.

"do you remember anything that happened last night?" dr. greene asks, her face showing concern. i shake my head. "tyler, you attacked a guard."

"i w-what?" i ask, looking up at the guard behind me. he's stone faced, hand firmly on the gun in his holster. tensing, i turn back to dr. greene. "is he d-dead?"

she shakes her head and i'm a little relieved. "he's alright, but he did suffer some major injuries and is extremely distressed," she explains.

"i don't remember... it's all fuzzy after the drums," i mutter, saying the last part under my breath. i look down at my hands and only now notice the dried blood under my nails.

"how did you even get out of your cell?"

i look up at her, startled by the question. "the door- it was j-just opened, wasn't it?" she frowns.

"tyler, for your safety and everyone else's, you're being moved to a higher security cell."

"i didn't want to hurt anybody." tears prick my eyes and i continue blubbering all the way to my new cell.