23

Charles POV
I was horribly embarrassed when I briefly got stuck on the porch, and felt unwelcome to boot. I felt them stare as Erik and I quietly talked during dinner. There was an ongoing discussion between the kids, accept Jason, which I found odd, but it was nice that the children talked, but I felt them studying me under their words. The eldest child caught my gaze. I looked down, cheeks flaring. I felt uncomfortable. Erik grabbed my hand under the table. Finally dinner finished and Erik and I left the table.

"I'm going to show Charles around the neighborhood. Does anyone want to go?" Erik asked the children.

The eldest agreed and as did Peter and the second oldest. I couldn't remember their names for the life of me but they seemed nice enough. I pushed the steel off the porch, keeping beside Erik.

"What's wrong liebling?"

"Nothing, love." I lied easily.

"I know something's wrong." He said, placing a hand on my back.

"I just feel like they don't like me." I said quietly.

"Of course they like you." He assured.

"I don't know, love, they seem a bit awkward around me." I said softly, looking down.

The kids were walking far ahead. "I think it's because of my disability." I said so quietly that I don't think he heard it.

But he did. "I-no, no, I don't think so, I think their just trying to get used to me having a boyfriend. I-I haven't been with anyone since Magda died." He replied quietly.

I looked up at him. "I'm sorry, Erik." I whispered.

"It's okay." He rubbed my shoulder assuringly.

The eldest child slowed and came next to me. "I just wanted to introduce myself properly. I'm Tiffany."

I allowed myself to glide for a second, sticking out my hand.

"Charles Xavier." She shook my hand.

I placed my hands back on the wheels and continued.

"So how are you today?" She asked.

I smiled, feeling accepted. "I'm good, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm well. Thank you." She replied.

Erik spoke. "Tiffany, do you still play trumpet?"

"Yes, but I can't practice as much since Jason got diagnosed." She replied sadly.

I shot Erik a questioning look. "Jason was diagnosed with autism a few months ago." He clarified.

Oh, alright. I thought. "That's unfortunate." I said compassionately.

Soon, we rounded the block and headed back towards the house again. I struggled with the lip of porch.

"Erik, love?" I called softly.

He helped me up the lip and I entered the house with him.
I figured I should probably shower today. But I didn't know if their bathroom was accessible for me. The room emptied as the children got ready for bed.

"Erik, this is embarrassing love, but can I ask you to help me do something?" I asked tentatively.

"Sure, darling, anything."

"Can you help me use their shower?" I asked quietly.

"Of course, only if you're sure you're comfortable with it, though."

"Thank you." I looked up at him.

He led me into the bathroom, setting me in the countertop, locking the door. He eased the pants off my limp, dead legs as I undid the buttons of my polo before pulling it over my head. Their bathroom was a bit small and had a strange shower stall with the handle way too high for me to reach. He sat me down in the bottom of the shower stall, pausing. I nodded as he helped me finish undressing. My cheeks burned for only a second, as I realized I trusted Erik. He only assisted me slightly in washing, and then helped me dry off. He picked me up, wrapped in the towel with only underwear on. He held me there for a second before kissing me. He sat on the counter against the wall as we made out.

There was a small knock on the door.

"Hello? Is everyone okay in there?" A voice rang through the door.

"We're quite alright."

He helped me finish getting dressed before slipping his own shirt back on.
Erik and I exited, the kids all asleep.
I brushed the wet hair from my eyes. Erik sat down on the couch next to his brother. Erik smiled at me and discreetly beaconed me to sit on the couch. I looked at him unsurely. Suddenly, he stood, startling both me and his brother. He lifted me bridal style, sitting me next to him. He smirked at me, putting an arm around my shoulder. He kissed the side of my head. I leaned against him, falling asleep.