Chapter One

"No!" She screams. "Go away! Leave me alone! Leave! He will hurt you too! Go before he gets you!" She curls up in the corner of the grey and dusty cell. 

"I'm here to get you out of here" I gently say, "Too save you," I stretch out my hand, reaching towards her. Whats he done to her? She's terrified, dirty, malnourished and most definitely not the Queen she was born to be.

"He's coming," She whimpers curling her knees closer to her chest. She's got some good hearing, I hadn't even heard him come yet even with my enhanced hearing.

"Don't worry sweetheart, he's not going to hurt you anymore," I whisper bending down to her level and moving closer. Just as I bent down the door swings open banging against the wall, my brother making his grand entrance into the cell, dramatic as always. What's happened to him? He looks like a mess, if only Mum was still here to see what he has become. She would be so ashamed.

"Get away from her," my brother growls trying to threaten me.

"You've hurt her enough," I say calmly. "She has endured enough of your anger."

"She's MINE!" He roars.

He lunges at me poorly but I  just step to the right missing his flying fist.

"I'm taking her and there's nothing you can do about it," dodging another sad blow to the left.

"Mother gave her to me not you!" He yells.

"Mother didn't give her to you for this reason, if only she could see you now. She'd be so ashamed of the man you've become," I kick the side of his knee hard causing him to fall onto his knee's with a sickening crack echoing into the room. "Mother gave her to you so she could be your Queen, the queen she was born to be! Not to treated like dirt, not to be treated as one of your toys you can just come and use when you want," I kick his side as he groans in pain. "She was in love with you, that's why Mother gave her to you, that's why YOU where given the privilege to show her what she was capable of. You, you are not my brother you're a monster." I yell at him.

"She's not fit to be a Queen," He says, while still on his knees.

"You didn't give her a chance to be a Queen," I say back, my fist flying towards his face. It collides with all the force I could muster up, blood immediately pours from his nose as his head flies back, the momentum of the hit causing the rest of his body to fall back. Too bad he's a werewolf like me other than the added strength I get from my ability, he would be as dead as a rock if he was human.

"Don't bother trying to get her back, you know where I am. If you want her back you know the forces I have on my side, you have no chance." 

"She's mine, she will always be mine," he grins menacingly. 

"You know you're wrong," I grin back, my foot slamming into his face knocking him out cold. That should keep him there for the time being.

I turn around to her and see her cowering in the corner in fear. God dammit, I forgot she was there, she must be terrified. 

"Hey, hey, you're okay. I'm here to help, my friends are here to help too," I say trying to comfort her, but her breathing starts to pick up the pace. Something tells me I shouldn't have mentioned my friends. 

"Darlin, look at me." Her eyes reach mine and I'm taken aback for a second by her gleaming green eyes. No, stop it. You have to help her, you can't get all caught up in the old feelings you have. "You're okay, breath with me. In nice and deep," I say breathing in nice and deep. "and out," I say breathing out. "C'mon a few times more, and in, out, in and out," I continue, hey this is working. "Good girl, are you ready to get out of here now? We'll get you all cleaned up," I smile and reach down for her hand to help her up.