1.

It burned.

She held her breath and hid behind stationed buses, her fingers clamped the leather jacket to her slashed abdomen. She peaked around one of the large metal vehicles and groaned out in annoyance. Persistent. She handed it to her fathers men, they were damn stubborn! Kisa threw caution to the wind, and slipped past the stationary buses the second the men had their backs turned. Strategically she passed through the parked vehicles, a ready bus in target.

A small breath of relief is released when the doors closed behind her sore and tired body, she dropped a few coins in the bored looking drivers hand, before trudging down to the back of the bus. Her fatigued body slumped against the tinted glass, but despite her weak state she kept an eye on the men that circled the station. The loud engine of the bus is accompanied by a jerky take off, Kisa settled into the faded seat and closed her eyes. With no destination in mind, it didn't matter to her where she was headed, as long as it was far away from home. With that in mind her eyes shuttered, and she allowed a numb slumber to intoxicate her system.

A sudden jerk had the young woman's eyes snapping open, she blinked rapidly before coherent thought entered her fogged mind. She was still on the bus, and it seemed to be driving through some back alley town. The sky had darkened and she feared a night in the cold. But she had no other alternative, finally the large vehicle came to a stop, she had no idea of her location. Didn't care to find out.

Kisa watched as the bus drove away from her, turning she scanned her surroundings, her eyes narrowed in on a pub. With one hand clamped to her side and the other fisted around the strap of her backpack, she made her way to the joint. She needed the bathroom, the only place open was a grimy liquor house, she was thankful. The other alternative wasn't as private as the broken doored stalls at the back of the tavern.

She tugged her shirt up to rest just below her breasts, lightly she stroked the crusted gash inferior to the right half of her ribcage. She placed the backpack on the small basin and shifted through the items she'd stashed in there. Kisa contemplated her actions for less than a second, she prefered the loss of a singlet over an infection; simply because she had little finance to pay for treatment should bacteria enter the wound.

Within minutes she had crafted a makeshift bandage. She lowered her shirt and jerked her jacket back on before splashing her face with water. She refilled her bottle before she slipped out of the bathroom and exited the place via the back opening. Kisa kept hidden in the shadows as she made her way through the alleys and backs of buildings. She quickly discovered that the rural atmosphere that had first greeted her simply bordered a larger town.

The sky grumbled it's own despair, lightly coating Kisa. Rapidly the lowered temperature wrecked shivers through her body, she found herself attempting to find warmth in her own arms. Her steady walk slowed to a crumbled pattern. No food, no warmth and lack of sleep; how she held on was beyond her. Through blurred eyes, she spots an opening of sorts but the darkened lighting and her uncooperative eyes made it hard to distinguish anything else. She made her way towards it.

She felt safe, the reassurance had her knees buckling as her body collapsed...

Groaning, Slater grabbed a beer. He tossed the frozen dinner in the bin and dropped down onto the sofa. He could really go for a home cooked meal... He looked towards the open patio doors, cursing when he realised he'd left open paint out there. The rain wasn't about to let up, though it'd be no use either way. The paint was trashed. He skulled the bottle, before he stood up and walked out the front door to his store.