Episode 2: Weaving Revenge

Eden and I stood at the back door of the dorms, his face lit up with excitement. I felt my worries slowly fade as the distraction of the prank pulled me in.

    I pulled the key to my room out from my pocket and unlocked the door. As we hurried inside, snores came from the closed doors of the staff's bedrooms.

    Wordlessly, we found the owner's office and stood on either side of the door. Eden peeked into the room, found it vacant, and stepped in with me behind him. Quietly, we shut the door and put a chair under the handle.

    "You're a genius," I whispered, grinning.

    "I know," he whispered back cockily. I laughed to myself quietly as he tossed me a roll of clear tape.

    The owner of the Refugee Center was my nemesis here. She had made sure I got the worst room when I arrived, claiming I was a liar for staying with Eden for so long, as well as various other incidences.

    If I was ever too irritated, I vented to Eden. He understood my situation better than anyone; he knew I needed an outlet. Which resulted in our one-way pranking war.

    She probably suspected me, but even if I did get kicked out, I still had Eden.

    I looked up at him as he hung another piece of string above the door. Steadily, we taped the clear string from one wall to the next, from the chair to the desk, from the ceiling to the floor. We weaved a web of revenge in under an hour, thoroughly entertaining ourselves.

    I fist bumped Eden as we stepped over the string to the door. He opened it and we crept out into the alley.

    We turned the corner to part ways, satisfied with our creation. Except, when I did, I nearly slammed into someone.

    "Sorry--" I began. The person cut me off by grabbing my arm roughly. Panic cut through me.

    The person began to drag me away effortlessly. I frantically tried to pry his grip off of me, his fingers digging into my skin. I pushed my bare feet against the pavement, trying to get some traction to slow down.

    "Rowin!" Eden yelled.

    I whipped my face toward him to see two people restraining him with his hands behind his back. He yanked against them, his face tense with anger. I felt my throat grow tight in fury.

    "Eden," I breathed.

    Except, I didn't see Eden. I saw Seth, struggling to stand. Seth, looking into my eyes one last time. Seth, wincing as a gun was put to his head, his life in my hands. 

    "Seth!" I screamed as his -- no, Eden's -- cries from a slap reached my ears. I gasped, pulling against the man's grip as Eden was struck in the mouth. "Stop! He doesn't deserve that!"

    I was suddenly spun around to come face to face with my captor. My heart stopped for a split second.

    "You're wrong, Rowin. He does deserve that," the voice was full rage. Spit flew from his lips as he rambled on. "But you! You deserve even worse!"

    Fear struck my heart to a stop as I stared into the merciless eyes of a warped man.

    Cassius.

<<<<<<<<<<<

(a/n)

THE STORY IS GOING THE STORY IS GOING *tries not to scream in anticipation*

Seriously, I'm so pumped you all are reading this. And Eden was literally one of my favorite characters to write about, I hope you like him toooooo. (;

Oh and btw, the picture I have is of Michael Clifford and he depicts Eden (in my crazy mind).

Please lemme know if you liked it by voting or commenting or sharing! It does mean a lot to me, even if I say that often.

HEY I HAVE SOCIAL MEDIA! Twitter: rayne_abigail  (and Instagram is the same.) ✌🏼 

I love you all. And so does Jesus. <3

-Abigail Rayne

{7.4.16}

>>>>>>>>>>