Panic Attacks 「 Chuuya Nakahara 」

「 中原·中や 」

Nakahara Chuuya × Reader

[ Panic Attacks ]

~

Ok so this was requested by Scarletmaiden_ she wanted a oneshot with Chuuya where the reader has a heart problem that happens when nervous (? I forgot but I think it's somewhere along those lines) but I couldn't find something like that. So I decided to make it panic attacks, as it was the closest to what was described. Yes, I did my research okayzz. I wanted to be as accurate as possible. I hope you guys enjoy this <3

~

Legend :

[F/N] - first name
[L/N] - last name
[E/C] - eye colour
[H/C] - hair colour

~

You hugged your knees close to your chest as you tried to even out your breathing. It was happening again. You had panic attacks. Not those kind of panic attacks you get when you're nervous about a public presentation or something. It was the kind of unpredictable very serious kind. There was no regular pattern to when you would get the attacks, and each time the symptoms would be different. You hadn't had panic attacks in a few weeks, so you knew it would be coming.

Your heart was racing and your breathing was uneven. This was this time's symptoms. You glanced at the clock in your room. Ten minutes had passed since you had your panic attack. Panic attacks last a maximum of 20 minutes. Just another 10 minutes, [F/N], just another 10 minutes, you thought as you tried to keep your breathing even. That's when you heard your front door open.

You didn't even had to guess who it was. "[F/N], are you home?" you heard the muffled voice of your partner, Chuuya Nakahara.

Back when you had joined the Port Mafia and was assigned to be Chuuya's partner, you gave him a set of your house keys just in case something happens. Afterwards, he would just randomly swing by your house whenever he wanted. This was one of his worst timings yet.

"[L/N]-chan, are you at home?" he asked again. He knew you had to be called by your last name. As much as you wanted to answer him, you couldn't. Your throat was too dry for you to speak. Occasionally, you would try to swallow your saliva to ease the dryness. But it didn't help much.

The doorknob of your room rattled. You had locked your door when you felt the attack come, so that any unexpected visitors (*cough* Chuuya *cough*) would not see you breaking down like this.

"[F/N], are you in there?" You heard the worry in his voice. You crawled towards your door, your heart still racing from the panic attack. You had your back against the door, still trying to even your breaths.

"[F/N]?" You heard his voice through the door.

You mustered as much strength as you could. "I'm in here, Chuuya-san." Although you were trying really hard, your voice still came softer than it usually was. Chuuya must have heard you though, for you didn't hear him ask you where you were anymore.

"[F/N], are you all right?" His voice had a tone of urgency in it. You wanted to respond to him but you didn't have the voice to do it, so you stayed silent. You cast a glance at the clock. 5 more minutes.

Slowly, and gradually, your heart rate slowed down and your breathing became more even. You checked the clock. This panic attack lasted 19 minutes. It was longer than your previous ones, and it was starting to get you worried. After taking a few deep breaths, you opened your door. Chuuya was sitting on your couch, staring at you as you exited your room. You walked towards the kitchen and got yourself a glass of water, downing the whole glass before approaching Chuuya.