Chapter 1

Emma POV
"Mum, I'm home" I yelled as I burst through the the front door.
" Oh hi sweetie, How was your day?" Asked Mum from the kitchen.
"Yeah fine" I said sarcastically.
That was a great conversation I thought to myself. It's always the same routine everyday and to be honest I'm getting quite sick of it. I get home, say hello and nobody cares so I go to my room. From then on I go on snapchat and Instagram until I am up to date with all the celeb gossip. My life sort of sucks at the moment. Then I also have so much homework and so little time, it's so stressful.

It was about 9:00pm and I was really tired so I decided to go to bed.
"Night Mum, Night Dad!" I shout across the house.
"Okay Emma but can you come here first" Said dad.
I think to myself what this could be about. Maybe I'm in trouble, geez I hope not.

I place myself on the chair near where dad is sorting through papers.
"You wanted me?" I question.
"Yes now don't freak out. But your mother and I have been planning to go on a holiday, as a family"
"Omg really, where dad? In this country right?......." I say as I start to freak out.
"No, we have actually planned to go out of Australia and go to America" Mum quickly butts in.
"AHHHH, OMG REALLY WHAT. ARE YOU SERIOUS? FOR HOW LONG? WHERE? DISNEYLAND?!?!" I shout while crying and having little breath left.
"We'll talk more about it tomorrow, I think you should go to bed" Mum replies.
I nod and tears start streaming out my eyes. I walk back to my room and flop onto my bed and fall asleep.

Luckily it wasn't a school day because it was 10:00am. I had almost forgotten what my parents told me last night. I still can't believe I'm going to America. I pick up my phone, open messages and text my bestie Liv.

Me: OMG LIV GUESS WHAT IM GOING TO AMERICA
2 minutes later.....
Liv: WAIT WHAT?!? REALLY!?!
Me: yeah my mum and dad surprised me last night oml I just so happy rn
Liv: I'm jelly, I wish I could go! Anyway ttyl going to eat breakfast
Me: ok we will definitely talk later, bye xx

I quickly check Instagram, Facebook and snapchat. Then I slowly get up, yawning and make my way to the kitchen.
"Morning Mum, dad and devil"
"Don't call your younger brother a devil that's not very nice, is it" Snaps mum.
I look at Jesse and see him sloping his cereal all over him. I glared at him with disgust and he looks back and shows me the food mushed up in his mouth. Mum sees what we are doing and tells us off. I hate having an annoying 10 year old brother. I have to go to America with him, he better not ruin it for me.

Mum and I talk more about our trip to America and I find we are leaving in 10 days. I can't believe we're going so soon. Everything is such a shock to me at the moment. I'm so excited, I want to go now. Mum also told me we are going to California, then Arizona, then Texas, Virginia, New York and last of all Hawaii. Another thing was that we get to spend a whole week at each place, that's a 6 week holiday!