Chapter 2

Josephine's POV

It is now Friday which means the last day of school. Yippeee!!!.. We are now on our last period which is Geography; it’s really hard to concentrate knowing that any minute now the bell will ring and that you are excited for summer to come. After waiting for what seems like forever but it is only 20 minutes the bell finally rang. The whole class cheered and hurriedly grabbed their bags and ran out of the classroom.

I and Krystal were the last one to leave the classroom, Carter isn't with us since we don't have the same schedule. Just as we were walking towards our lockers, Chloë, the school bully bumped Krystal which caused her books to slip out of her hands. Chloë has dark blonde hair and blue eyes; she is the same height as I am. She was once one of our friends together with Carter and Michelle, she transferred to our school when we were on sixth grade but sadly she turned into a bully last year.

 "Watch where you are going losers!," She sneered as she walked past us with her followers following behind her.

 "Bitch" I heard Krystal mumbled so that no one can hear her. Unfortunately, Chloë heard her because she stopped dead in her tracks, turned round and started coming towards us.

"What did you just called me?!" she growled at Krystal. "Why? Isn't it true" Krystal argued while taking a step towards Chloë. A crowd started to form around us, curious of what is happening. Chloë and Krystal are still glaring at each other and it looks like they are about to kill each other.\

 I could feel the tension around us as more students gather around us. Luckily, a teacher butted in and separated them. I grabbed Krystal's arm and put my arms on her shoulders trying to calm her.

 "What is going on here?!" he demanded

"Nothing sir, we are just talking right Krystal?" Chloë said sweetly and put on a fake smile.

I could feel Krystal trying to struggle from my grip to attack Chloë. I whispered on her ear to stop, it's a good thing that she listened to me.

"Yes sir we were just talking" she said through gritted teeth. "Good, I don't want any commotion to happen here since it's the last day of school and all of you should go home now." He said while pointing to the students before turning around and going towards his office.

 "Very good Krystal" Chloë said while patting Krystal's cheek which Krystal replied by slapping her hand. Chloë smirked before going out of the building.

After Chloë was gone Krystal face the crowd "What are you looking at! Can't you mind your own business and Sophie let go of me" she said harshly. I released my grip and looked at her sadly, she just ignored me and knelt to pick up her books, and she opened her locker and harshly stuffed the contents of her locker inside her bag. I opened mine as well and took the remaining things, since I have already brought most of it at home. Krystal huffed at slammed the door of her locker and walked out which caused everyone to snapped their heads in our direction and frowned. I apologised to everyone and followed Krystal outside.

            Once I reached outside I saw Krystal sitting on the stairs with arms crossed and her bag sitting beside her. I slowly approached her and sat down, I can feel her taking deep breaths to calm herself. After 5 minutes she faced me and said, "Sorry Soph, I didn't mean to snap at you back there". "It's okay, now come on Carter and Mitch is waiting for us at Starbucks." I said while picking up our bags and stood up.

She followed my route and I handed her, her bag and we both walked to Starbucks. It's a good thing that Starbucks isn't too far from our school since it's only a 10 minute walk so we arrived their without a hustle.When we arrived at Starbucks, we immediately spotted our two best friends sitting at the farthest booth. We approached them and were met by an angry looking Carter.