ONE!

(CHAPTER ONE)
heather, heather, heather & heather!

The students of Westerberg High parted like the Red Sea as the school royalty sauntered into the cafeteria

The students of Westerberg High parted like the Red Sea as the school royalty sauntered into the cafeteria. It was a daily occurrence that the pupils of the Ohio public school would bow down to their rulers, the Heathers.

Heather Darling is worshipped at Westerberg High, along with her friends Heather Chandler, Heather Duke and Heather McNamara. When she transferred to Ohio halfway through her junior year, her pretty and uncommon name turned out to be a gift and a burden, as she was immediately snatched up by Heather Chandler, who saw the intelligent, potentially attractive sixteen year old as a perfect addition to the alpha dogs posse. And hence forth, Heather Darling became an official member of the Heathers, her dusty pink coloured, shoulder padded blazer and tartan skirt fitting her in with the gang nicely.

Despite her attractive and pristine facade, Heather Darling was not happy. Like a lot of teenagers her age, she hid her pain and anger behind a pearly smile and perfect fashion. But every time she stood idly by as Heather Chandler shoved a student into a locker or watched as Heather Duke stuck her fingers down her throat after lunch, the red head felt her soul and conscience waste away to nothing.

The fact that she was known to half of the school as The Pink Heather made her feel like she wasn't even a person.

Despite her being the newest official Heather, Heather Darling was Heather Chandler's second in command. A fact that made Heather Duke, or The Green Heather, extremely angry. She was always the demon queen of high schools favourite, until the wide eyed, pretty transfer stole her spot. Heather Darling didn't necessarily take pleasure in Duke's jealousy, but she did get a kick out of the irony of the nickname Green Heather, as that's the colour she turned whenever Heather Darling was favoured over herself.

The only member of her posse Heather Darling could tolerate was Veronica Sawyer, the newest member of the high school queens, who was welcomed to the group solely because she was excellent at forging handwriting. It was refreshing to have a person at their lunch table who didn't have the name Heather, as it got extremely confusing. Especially when Heather Chandler's bark of "Shut up Heather!" was followed by a trio of "Sorry Heather.".

The four teenage gods sat around their reserved lunch table in the cafeteria mainly in silence, an occasional request for lipgloss. The red scrunchie wearing blonde suddenly snapped her gaze from her nails to the pair of original Heathers opposite her.

"Heather, Heather, find Veronica and tell her to haul ass to the table pronto." She orders in her usual silky voice. The two girls oblige, scraping their chairs out before strutting the the exit of the lunch room.

The remaining Heathers continue to sit at their table, this time with Chandler talking at her red haired minion. But said minion was distracted by someone, the chatter going in one ear and out the other. Unfamiliar hazel eyes were staring at her, watching her every move like she was his prey. His pale fingers were tapping on the lunch table across the cafeteria, an unreadable expression on his handsome face. She retaliates his stare, raising her eyebrows in a questioning manner. The dark haired stranger laughs soundlessly and holds his hand up in defence.

Clicking fingers in front of Heather Darling's face brought her out of her trance. "God Heather, drool much. Did you even hear a word I just said?"

A sheepish smile answered Heather Chandlers question, but before she could react, Veronica Sawyer followed by the pair of Heathers sauntered towards the lunch table.

"Veronica, finally." The blonde snapped. "I need you to forge a hot but realistic love note in Kurt Kelleys hand writing. We'll slip it onto Martha Dumptruck's lunch tray." The pink Heathers blood boiled at the horrid nickname the school had given the sweet junior girl, while Duke and McNamara giggled.

Veronica let out a sigh. "Shit Heather, I don't have anything against Martha Dunstock."

"You don't have anything for her either."

Heather Darling silently pleaded Veronica not to give in to the top dogs commands.

"I'll think about it."

Grinding her pearly teeth, Heather Chandler seethed. "Don't think."

The sigh that left Veronica lips was enough indication for the four girls that the newcomer was defeated. Smirking victoriously, the blonde leader snatched up her notebook, before turning to face Heather Duke.

"Veronica needs something to write on. Heather, bend over." Without a delay, the girl clad in head to toe green immediately bent down as Veronica scribbled onto the yellow sheet of paper. Ripping it messily off the notepad, the queen bee snatched the fake love note from Veronica's hands and folded it neatly, before passing it to Heather McNamara to perform the act. She scurries towards Martha, trying to contain giggles as she slips the note onto the juniors lunch tray.

Despite having the overwhelming desire the punch Heather Chandler in the face for encouraging Veronica to write the note, Heather Darling is once again distracted from the situation when she senses someone looking at her. The mysterious new kid has been watching the situation unfold and shakes his head in disappointment, before yet again meeting eyes with the red haired goddess. He could see the rage boiling in her chocolate brown eyes, a similar look he kept in his eyes on the daily. Resting back in his chair, the ghost of a smirk rested on his face. It was clear the hatred Heather Darling felt towards her friends, which automatically made her even more intriguing to him.

Buttoning her 'uniform' pink blazer tight around her petite waist, Heather Darling stormed back to the table, shortly followed by the rest of the posse. Heather Chandler narrowed her eyes at the girl clad in pink and grey, irritated by her 'moodiness'.

"What's your damage, Heather?"

The Heather in question's equally narrow eyes shoot up from the table. "I beg your pardon?"

"Why are you acting like such a moody bitch?"

Clenching her fists so tight that her knuckles appear white, Darling calmly replies. "I just don't see the humour making someone's life miserable."

Heather Chandlers eyes narrow even further than before to the point that only slivers of her cold, blue eyes are visible. "Are we gonna have a problem, Heather?"

"Of course not, your majesty."