o n e

Victoria's POV

I get off of the plane and head to the baggage claim. It feels good to be back in Sydney.
But it would feel better if I could actually remember my way around.

I see my bags on the conveyer belt, so I go and take them off. Right when I am about to take the second one off a guy with fire red hair takes it off the conveyer belt.

"Hey, umm that's my suitcase."I say. He turns around and looks me up and down.

"Oh sorry, I have one that looks exactly like this," He looks me in the eyes."Do I know you from somewhere?" He squints his eyes as if he is trying to see inside of my soul.

"Uuumm I don't think so, but can you please lay off trying to stare into my soul?" He starts to laugh.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Victoria." I reply.

"King?" He asks hopefully. That's creepy.

"Yes..... Why?" I ask him. His eyes light up and he gives me a hug. Now I am officialy confused. I push him off of me and I back away a little."I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are, soooo I'm just going to go."

"You don't remember me? Your best friend, Michael?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone named Michael," I tell him while turning around. When I turn around I collide with a hard chest. I back away from him.

"Whoa, sorry," He says.

"Uumm, who are you?" I ask.

"Ooohhh sorry, I'm Calum. Calum Hood." He says and shakes my hand." Who are you?"

"I'm Victoria."

"King?"

"Why does everyone ask that?"

"It's just that Michael talks about you aaaalllllllll the time and......"

"Okay I think that's enough of Calum for today." Michael says, covering Calum's mouth.

"Okay, well it was nice meeting you two but I need to go now." I turn around, but there just happens to be another rock hard chest in my way. I back away again and look up. Damn, he's hot.
He looks me up and down and smiles.

"Hey, beautiful, I'm Luke. Who are you?" He asks. I back away from him.

"I'm Victoria."

"King?"

"Why does everybody know who I am?!"

"Well our lad, Michael here talks about you all of the......."

"Okay that's enough." Michael says while covering Luke's mouth, too.

"Well, I'm going to go now." I start to walk away, but Luke pulls me back.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I am going to go and get a taxi."

"Where are you going in the taxi?"

"My new apartment."

"You don't have to get a taxi. We could drive you there. Just give us the address." Calum says.

"How do I know that you guys aren't serial killers?"

"If I say that they are my friends will you trust them?" My best friend comes up to me and gives me a huge hug.

"Marlee!! What are you doing here??!!"

"Well I wanted to pick you up from the airport."

"How did you know that I was coming?"

"Your mom told me yesterday." She smiled and came up and hugged me.

"Fine I'll let you guys drive me to my apartment." Everyone starts to walk out to the parking lot talking. Except for Michael.
Michael is in the front, walking ahead of everyone. His head is hung low and he is kicking at the ground.

"Did I ever know him?" I whisper to Marlee while pointing at Michael.

"You don't remember Michael?! All three of us used to be best friends and when you left for LA you only stayed in touch with me. Michael was and is still really upset about it, but now that you forgot him, he is probably even more upset." She explains.

"Damn, I feel bad. I wish there was something I could do to make it up to him."

"When you left and wouldn't respond to him he wouldn't do much for over two years. I eventually got him to eat a little after the first week, but he wouldn't talk for over two years. But now that you're back I really dont know how he's gonna react. Just give him time and I really do think you guys will be best friends again. " She patted my back and walked off over to Calum. Was I really gone long enough to forget about one of my best friends?

○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○○○○●○○○
Tell us what you think about the book so far!!!
Thanks for reading!!!
-Lexi & April