Chapter 4

Check it out-->

"Okay, Courtney Hall, Jason Callaway, Mark Johnson, Kristin Moore, and-and Taylor Carson. Do we have everyone?" I asked. Everyone nodded and I counted to be sure, immediately sighing, "Where's Taylor?"

"Heard he had some kind of mandatory practice to participate in. Said he couldn't miss it." Jason stated nonchalantly. I sighed once again. "Well. There's nothing I can do. Okay so no talking. Just sit still until 5, capeesh? Oh and no sleeping."

"Hey, hey, hey. That's not fair at all! You at least have to report him! Hell, I could be at cheer practice but I'm here." Courtney said sassily, crossing her arms.

"Hey, Watch that mouth of yours. I'll give the principal a call." I noticed she rolled her eyes before I went over to the phone dialing the office's number.

"Mr. Goldmore's office."

"Hello sir, its Ethan Gale, I volunteered to manage detention today."

"Oh Mr.Gale, so nice to hear that. What could I do ya for?"

"Well I'm missing a student. Ninth grade Taylor Carson. I was informed he skipped for a practice of some kind."

"Oh that Taylor. Just as troublesome as his elder brother Tristan." At that I chuckled.

"What should I do sir."

"I'll handle this and get back to ya."

"Thank you sir."

"No problem, Mr. Gale. I'll talk to you later."

"Yes, sir. Bye." I said and hang up.

Nothing much happened in the rest of detention. I just reviewed the things I'll be going over tomorrow in class, and basically doing anything that would get my mind off of Tristan. When 15 minutes was left in class, I received a phone call from the student counselor,"Mr. Gale?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"There has been a student teacher meeting scheduled with you for today at 5:30."

"What? That's impossible. This is my first time hearing of this."

"It was scheduled about 30 minutes ago. Turned out that the student's guardian is only free today. If you can't make it that's fine, but all of the student's teachers are expected to be there."

I sigh, "I'll be there."

"Okay, I'll see you there." And she hung up. I be getting paid for all this extra service.

And 45 minutes later I found myself in the library with six other teachers, Mr. Goldmore, and the student counselor. I'm pretty sure this little meeting was supposed to start at 5:30, which was 15 minutes ago. I'm starting to get agitated. I just wanna go home and sleep. I hate school.

Finally, the door to the library opened, and the little gold bell rang as the student came in. "Thank God." I mumbled, receiving a, "I know right." from another teacher. I never actually looked toward the door. I was just going to sit and wait for them to take a seat at the table. But when I heard a certain someone's voice, I couldn't help but turn around in an overly dramatic way, looking at him with big, shocked eyes.

"I can't believe you keep getting in trouble. Am I speaking English? This is the last time I'm telling you this. I cannot keep coming to this school,  talking to your teachers, and signing things for you! This better be the last time." As the door closed he looked away from his brother, and towards us. His eyes locked with mine, and I almost fell out of my seat. Tristan. Well, this isn't awkward at all.