No Hard Feelings Pt.2

The four teenagers continued their journey to the edge of the fence. A crescent shaped cut had been made so that they could slip in and out unnoticed, without the threat of walkers getting in. Underneath a false covering of brush was all of their weapons. Y/n grabbed her bow and arrows, Lucas got his machete, and Carl and Ron got their guns. Edin didn't have a large weapon, so she just used her knife she already had. With all of their weapons retrieved, they disappeared into the woods to go hunt.

After a while, all of the traps had been checked, and only one didn't have a catch. It was one of the best rounds they've had all season. Once all of the animals that were caught were collected, they would go deliver them to Daryl and Carol, who would cook them and have them all over for dinner later.

The traps, though very successful, were also very complicated. Resetting them was a 2-person job. Lucas was always the one in charge of arranging the pairs.

"Okay, Y/n and Carl, take the traps on the gate side. Edin and I will take the ones on the south side, and Ron, you take the one untouched, make sure it's stable. Meet here when finished. Got it?" Lucas ordered.

"Got it," answered his sister. They all split up into their groups, heading in the assigned directions. Carl and Y/n reached the traps, resetting them quickly. The first one was done, now almost done with the last one when Y/n spoke up.

"So what were you and Ron talking about earlier on the way here?"

Carl froze. He didn't know what to say. Should he tell her the truth? Should he lie? He knew she would find out from Ron later if he didn't tell her now.

"Nothing." He didn't realize what he said until after he said it. Carl mentally cursed himself for not having the guts to tell her and went back to covering the snares with leaves.

"Okay, if you say so." Y/n went back to work with Carl, finishing resetting the snares and the pair started to make their way back. Carl was expecting Y/n to confront him again, but they've been there for a couple minutes and she hasn't yet. Maybe she won't.

"So Carl, you going to tell me the truth?" He spoke too soon. Of course she would know. Girls always find out eventually. Carl didn't know how to respond.

"How much did you hear?" He asked her.

Y/n came a little closer to him. "All of it." Carl wasn't sure if he paled or if he flushed. He wasn't focused on that. Only her, who kept getting closer...and closer...and closer. Y/n knew she was getting to him. Getting under his skin. Doing this was dangerous, but what's life without a little living? Plus, her effect on him proves everything she heard was true.

She kept getting closer until their faces were only a few inches away from each other. Carl was scared about what she was going to do next. She was so close. He'd imagined this for a long time, but not ever like this. She finally whispered, "I like you, too."

Carl was so stunned, he was completely silent. He didn't know how to respond to that. But he was happy. So truly happy for the first time in years. She liked him back. She kept getting closer, and Carl slowly closed his eyes in anticipation. He was finally going to kiss the girl of his dreams.

He waited, but it never happened. He suddenly felt a weight being lifted off his head and his long hair falling in his face. He opened his eyes to see that she had stolen not only his heart today, but his hat. Y/n placed the hat on top of her own head and backed away from him a little so she could let him get the full view.

"You'll pay for that later," Carl told her as he used a hand to brush out his hat hair.

"Whatever. It looks better on me."

Carl smiled. "Yeah, it does." The other three arrived at the spot and they all proceeded to walk back to Alexandria. Y/n stopped Carl for a bit to talk to him. She kissed him on the cheek, holding his hand.

"I didn't want to do that in front of my brother," Y/n informed Carl.

"I think he knows somethings up, since you insisted on wearing my hat." Y/n laughed at that.

"Come on, we'll talk when we get back." She let go of his hand and followed her brother and best friend. Ron had stopped in the path and Y/n walked past, ignoring him. She kept walking, but turned to face Carl and smiled before turning back around and continuing onward. In Ron's words, he would've said it was sexy. And in this case, Carl agreed.

Carl smirked at himself and Ron's open-mouthed look of surprise as he followed Y/n. Just as Carl passed Ron, he stopped, and leaning over he whispered, "No hard feelings, right?" And he left him without a chance to respond.

This one is probably my favorite. This idea just came out of nowhere and I thought I'd just go with it.

Vote and comment! Requests are welcome!