Kiss You

[NOTE: This story is not mine. It belongs to OceanSunrise32 from FanFiction.net]
__________________________________________________________________

~YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL

OH OH!

THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA~

Dan groaned loudly and rolled over in his bed. It was absolutely no wonder that Phil was up; the insane amount of One Direction music blasted from the kitchen (for the past half hour, no less ) gave it away.

On top of that, Phil's singing matched the volume of the music. His more-than-obvious British accent entangled itself into the melody. Although his voice was slightly deeper, it was soothing and nearly lulled Dan back into unconsciousness.

Instead, Dan sat up immediately as soon as a whiff of something cooking floated in his room. The boy clambered out of bed, clad in just pajama pants because the warmth of his blankets were too much for a shirt. He rubbed his eyes and yanked the door open, causing the music to gain volume and the aromas to hit him at full force.

Walking down the hallway, he caught a glimpse of Phil's unmade bed, who seemed to have jumped out immediately upon waking.

Just as he entered the kitchen, he froze in the doorway. Flour, sugar, and eggs covered the counter alongside dirty utensils. Standing at the stove, facing away from the threshold, swaying his hips, and flipping something in the pan, was Phil. He brought a up the spatula to his lips, using it as a makeshift microphone.

"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed! But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell . . . " Phil spun around, eyes closed. Dan's throat seemed to close up in anticipation. "You don't know-- oh oh. You don't know you're beautiful!"

Dan covered his mouth to hide his slipping suppressed giggles.

Phil put both hands on the spatula dramatically, eyes still closed, and swayed back and forth.

"If only you saw what I can see! You'd understand why I want you so desperately. Right now I'm looking at you--" His eyes finally snapped open and saw Dan smirking, standing in the doorway. Phil's jaw hung open, but the song continued on.

~I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T KNOW

YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL~

Phil flushed at the next two lines, slowly, letting the song fade out on its own. He stood there as Dan walked towards him, applauding slowly.

"Philip Lester, you are the most amazing singer in the world." Dan chuckled. "I am honestly rather impressed with your knowledge of the lyrics of every One Direction song I was forced to listen for the past half hour!"

Phil smirked. "Hey, I'm just impressed that you knew every song was a One Direction song!"

Dan's smile immediately dropped and he fell silent.

"It's because they're British, isn't it?" Phil laughed, causing Dan to launch himself at his friend to throw playful punches.

Dan finally pulled back, "Hey, at least I'm not listening to them as I bake."

Phil tugged on his night shirt, "It's quality music, Dan! Quality!"

They both burst out laughing, and Phil threw his arms around Dan's bare shoulders, dragging him towards the kitchen counter.