Grandma Wars

"Alex" someone whispered and poked me in the cheek. I stirred a little but I rolled over instead of getting up. I'm too tired. "Alex!" Again they poked me and I now recongnized that British accent. Andrew. "ALEX!" I jerked up and glared at him.

"WHAT!?" I snapped and he smirked.

"Our dear grandmother would like you to wake up and get ready for the little gathering you're attending this morning," he cooed. I groaned and threw the pillow over my face. I don't wanna see these stupid people! They're gonna ruin my great mood from my date. With Anthony...gahhhh! Just thinking about it makes me blush!!! What's happening to me? I'm becoming one of those freak girls...LIKE THE ONES IN THIS TOWN!!!

"I DON'T HEAR YOU GETTING READY, ALEXANDRIA!" Grandma yelled from downstairs and I rolled my eyes. This lady is going to kill me. I reluctantly got up and made my way to my bathroom. I remembered that I left Andrew in my room while I left to take a shower.

"Get out of my room, Andrew!" I yelled through the door and I heard him utter some curse words before stomping out. "I'm serious!" I yelled and I heard the door close, showing that he really left this time.

After I showered and did the usual morning stuff. I came out to see a creme colored dress sitting on my bed. I put my wet hair in a bun, remembering that Grandma said that someone would be doing my hair and make up. I put on my underclothes followed by the dress. The dress was sleeveless with a thin, black bow that was tied below my chest. It reached my knees and didn't show any clevage. It had a proper, and to be honest, I liked the fact that it didn't really show off my body. It's not that I'm shy about my body, I'm just not one of those girls who feels the need to show every inch of themselves. The dress showed a nice amount of skin and even though I'm not a big fan of dresses, I liked this one...I just don't wanna wear it.

I slowly walked down the stairs to see my Grandma talking on the phone.

"Yes, I'm bringing my Grandaughter...oh good!...yes, we're most certainly going to knock the socks off of that Margret! She thinks she can act like she runs everything but no, we are not going to stand for it! We're going to prove her to be the twit that she is!" Grandma exclaimed and I was taken back. I've never seen this side of Grandma...maybe I'm a lot like her then I thought...nahhh! She's too strict.

I cleared my throat and grandma looked at me.

"I'll see you soon, Joyce, I have to continue getting ready and make sure Alexandria is too" she said and hung up. Grandma grinned at me...weird..."See, you look nice! God forbid you dress nice evry once in awhile. It wouldn't hurt to wear nice clothes like this instead of those 'styled' ripped jeans. Who knew that one day ripped clothing would ever be considered...what's the word you kids use today" she stopped to think. "Hip" she concluded and I held back my laughter.

"You're right" I said just so we could get this over with and she nodded.

"Alright, now just go into the back so your hair and make up can be fixed" Grandma ordered and I nodded. I went to the back of the house where Grandma had a room for hair and make up to be done. Its basically like a bathroom without a toilet or shower. There was a lady who looked to be in her mid-40s standing in the middle of the room with a warm smile on her face.

"Hello, Sweetie! Come sit down so I can get you ready!" She said happily and I sat down in the chair.

After about two hours of her tugging at my hair and painting my face she was finally done. She took a step back to admire her work and beamed at me.

"You look goregous!" She exclaimed and I smiled at her. I turned around and looked in the mirror to see myself.

Wow.