prologue

For those who seek an adventure,
and enjoy getting lost in a world made up entirely of words.
This is for you...

Birth of Hell•{Battle of Hogwarts - 1998}

Birth of Hell

{Battle of Hogwarts - 1998}

His death was not mourned, but celebrated. Just one day after his defeat, families gathered around their dinner tables, raised their cups and repeated the words, "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is defeated, and we are safe!". No one would miss him, not even his most loyal followers. In his young days power was all he cared to have. It began with controlling the minds of the innocent, creating a movement that would soon be feared by all of Europe and then the world. Power was all he ever wanted when he was just a boy, and in adulthood he succeeded. Though with this new-found power, consequences soon haunted him. Too much power lead him on an endless journey to protect himself from a threat warned by a prophecy that soon led to his own defeat.

He was already dead by the time the spell broke and Harry Potter watched him fall with victory in his green eyes. He was already dead from the night he was conceived and the several Horcruxes he had made, his heart was never full. It beat half a beat behind and had too many curses upon it to keep it healthy. It was wrinkled, shrunken, and black. By the time he was hit in the chest by the broken spell, the heart split in half falling through the inside of his ribcage. The black blood of the curses and the souls of the innocent victims spilled from the heart. It formed into a grey fog that leaked from his mouth, dissipating into the air allowing the innocent souls he had taken from the earth to finally find peace. His red eyes flickered open one last time to look at Harry Potter, the boy who lived and defeated the infamous Lord Voldemort. He wanted to glare, to spit at him, to curse him but his body would not allow it because it was dead. It was as if his own soul was trapped within the shell of his body, unable to do anything. Without any warning, a white flash came across his eyes, and he began seeing visions. They were all of her. Her smile, laugh, tears clear as day filled his vision. It had been almost half a century since the last time he allowed himself to think of her. He tried to fight against the visions but the images only kept getting clearer the harder he tried.

They say that once you die you relive your life one last time before moving to the unknown. Perhaps this was his punishment for all he had done? Perhaps his eternal hell was seeing himself relive his life with her? To feel guilty of what he had done to her and realize his wrong doings. With each memory suddenly coming to mind and a dull pain attacking his very soul, red eyes closed and Tom Marvolo Riddle was pronounced deceased at the hands of Harry Potter.

...

This is a story about the life of Tom Marvolo Riddle from the orphanage to right before the first Wizarding War but with a twist. There was a girl who was humble, beautiful, and intelligent who cared for Tom Riddle in a way he had never experienced before. It was not necessarily love, but something close to it. Still, Tom Riddle despised her and hated how selfless she was. It caused people to use and hurt her, whether he cared for her well-being or simply thought her ridiculous for not standing up for herself? We may never know. There may have been a time when Tom Riddle did find himself caring for the girl, but something happened due to an untimely event. This event would lead him to go on a killing rampage. Because of these uncountable murders of both wizards and muggles, the first Wizarding War broke out only to end on October 31, 1981, along with what was thought to be the last of Lord Voldemort.