Author's Note!

Dear Readers,

This story is based loosely on the plot of Jane Eyre, and I am including a very brief plot summary at the request of some readers who wanted a refresher. Just be aware that we are following the plot loosely. How much of the plot we will follow, and how much we will diverge and have a different ending – well, you won’t know that until the end!

NOTE: IF YOU'VE NEVER READ JANE EYRE AND DON'T WANT ME TO SPOIL THE WHOLE PLOT FOR YOU, JUST SKIP THIS AND GO ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Jane Eyre is an orphan who grew up in an orphanage. When she turns 18, she gets a job as a governess for a mysterious middle-aged man named Mr. Rochester, who has a young ward named Adele. Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester fall in love, and he asks her to marry him. However, it turns out he actually has a first wife who went insane, whom he keeps locked up in the attic for her own safety (I swear I couldn’t make this stuff up! It’s a classic, people). Jane Eyre finds out about the first wife on her wedding day to Mr. Rochester, and the wedding is called off and she runs away. A bunch of other stuff happens, but in the end the first wife dies and Jane Eyre gets to marry Mr. Rochester and live happily ever after.

If you want to read the original novel Jane Eyre, it's one of my all-time favorites and available on Wattpad!