Chapter 19

Hey shanks! Long time no see, sorry its been forever. I just kind of got a life and ive been happier and yeah. Well ive recently been missing wattpad and decided i neeeeeded to write so here you guys go! Before you read i would like to apologize for any grammar mistakes because i am writing this on my phone. Thanks.
Please comment! Follow! Vote! Pretty please with a cherry on top!
Talk to you later shanks!
~Emily

"Holy shit the wall is gone!" I exclaimed, bringing Newt in for a hug. Its weird having physical human interaction again. He held me tight for a long time. We broke apart from our hug and he kept his hands on my shoulders.
"From now on we stay on the same side so we don't get separated again. Deal?" He said.
I nodded my head, "Yeah. I wonder why they did this... Do you think it's a test?"
He shrugged his shoulders, "I have no idea. If it is i don't care, as long as I'm with you."
A blushed creeped onto my cheeks. "I still don't understand why you would want to be around me. I'm a crank remember?"
"I'm almost positive you're not a bloody crank Echo. You would have been past the gone by now." Newt replied.
"Yeah but-" he cut me off by gently pressing his lips against mine. I froze, not knowing what to do. He pulled away and cupped my face with his hands.
"You're not a crank." He whispered. I stuttered a few words and he chuckled in response. My face was a deep crimson. Someone just kissed me. Newt just kissed me. I racked my mind for any reasonable explanation of why he would do that.
"Are you ok?" he asked.
"I.. I.." I stuttered, "why?"
He chuckled again, "Why what?"
"Why did you kiss me?" I asked.
Newt rubbed that back of his neck and his face turn a bit red, "Well um-"
He was interrupted by a loud bang that shook the ground. Newt tackled me down to the ground. We heard yelling and more bangs around us.
"What's going on?" I yelled to Newt.
"I think the place is under attack or something!" He yelled back. Smoke and ash starting filling the room. We laid as flat as possible on the ground to avoid it. Another bang erupted followed by screaming.
"Newt! Are you in here?" A voice yelled. Newt perked up.
"Thomas?" He yelled back. Most of the smoke and ash started to clear. I sat up and saw Newt running towards the group of people that were standing in front of a giant hole in the wall.
"Newt ya shank!" Another voice yelled. The first person hugged Newt and them the rest joined in. I scooted into the corner. Those were Newt's friends, the ones that hated me.
"Lets get out of here." One of them said.
"Hold up." Newt said and came running to me. He stopped in front of me, holding out a hand.
"Come on Echo lets get out of this hell hole. Thomas says they found a paradise place." He smiled.
I shook my head, "You guys go ahead. I'll find my way back to the scorch."
His face fell, "No I told you that you're coming with us."
"I can't Newt! I'm terrified of munies! Their normal and I don't know if I can handle being around so many of them.. And they hate me. So why does it matter?" I felt tears on my cheeks.
"I won't let anyone hurt you again, Echo. Please, come with me, with us." He practically begged. I looked up at him, remembering our kiss, a sense.of trust flushing over me. I took his hand and he helped me up. We walked over to his friends.
"Ok lets go." Newt said.
The Asian one glared at me.
"Not with the crank." He growled.