six ; 006

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."
-Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Come on boys, I don't have all day." Margo sighed as she waited for someone to make the first move. She rolled her eyes as she glanced over her shoulder just in time to see the brunette from earlier, Peggy, punch some soldier to the ground.

Apparently, one guy thought she was distracted and charged her, which she quickly sidestepped, sticking her food out so he fell. Margo grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to his feet, shoving him to the edge of the circle.

"That was lame, you get a second chance." Margo complained, she missed the action and these guys were easy to take down. Two guys ran at her, one throwing a punch. Margo grabbed his fist and flipped him so he landed onto the second guy with a groan. Two guys down, four more to go.

"Careful doll, you might break a nail." One of the soldiers sneered as he got in a fighting stance. The man in front of her reached out to grab her and she did a back handspring to evade him, and the guy who made the comment grabs her ankles which he held on either side of his head. Margo twisted and took the guy down, she rolled towards him and rested a knee on his chest.

"Careful doll, I might break your neck." Margo threatened, a smirk on her face as she pushed herself off of him. "Alright, three to go. Come on I don't have all day."

The fourth guy decided he had enough of her taunting and attempted to take out her legs. He swung his leg towards her knees as she easily jumps him punches him in the nose.

The second to last soldier grabbed her wrist. He was standing to the side of her so she swung her elbow up instantly hitting the guy in the nose and breaking it. The last guy, the one she originally took down, raised his arms up in surrender.

"No backing out, here." Margo said as she took the small pistol out of a holster. She handed him the gun and he gave her a wary look. She took a few steps back before talking. "Rubber bullets, don't be afraid to pull the trigger."

He steadily raised the gun and Margo did a flip, and before she hit the ground knocked the gun out of his grasp. She caught the gun mid fall and raised to his forehead.

"Hey Colonel?" Margo questioned, putting the gun away and looking at the amount of soldiers that littered the ground around her. During her fight she attracted a crowd, everyone was looking at her with a surprised look.

"Yeah?"

"Think I'd be useful on the field?" Margo joked, already knowing the answer.

"What do they call you?" The Colonel asked, quickly licking his lips before continuing, "You got an alias Larson?"

"Python." The brunette answered, excitement bubbling up inside her at the thought of returning to her codename.

"Well, Python, when can you start?"

Margo brought the beer bottle to her lips and took a swig. She sat in her tent, listening to the rain hit the canvas cover. The sudden noise of her tent door opening dragged her out of her thoughts.

"Jesus, you scared the hell out of me." Margo said, a hand over her heart as she tried to control her breathing. She glanced at Peggy standing across the room with her arms folded, studying Margo as if she was trying to figure out her life story. "What if I had a guy here, learn to knock."

"But you wouldn't have a guy in here, a man already has your heart." Peggy stated as if she knew Margo her entire life. She paused and watched the military woman with a suspicious gaze.

"How could you possibly know that?" Margo asked. Peggy walked over the the trunk that held all of her things.

"I'm good at figuring people out." She said with a smirk on her face, which caused Margo to furrow her eyebrows. "And his picture's right here." True to her word, Peggy picked up the picture Bucky had sent in his letter. Margo laughed lightly, her thoughts trained on how much she missed his smile.

"I guess my excuses suck. But you should still knock." Margo said absentmindedly. Peggy walked over to the small table she was sitting at and pulled up a chair.

"What's his name?"

"Sargent James Buchanan Barnes. 107th." Margo responded in a quiet voice, tracing her finger over his picture. "But everyone called the dork Bucky."

"You must be proud." With Peggy's words, any trace of a smile left Margo's face. Peggy took note of her expression and rested a hand over Margo's. "What's wrong?"

"He never asked me on a date, so we weren't together. But the night before he left, he set up a double date with Steve. Long story short Bucky was surrounded by the girls and Steve and I hung back." Margo says. "Turns out, Buck only invited a date for himself to make me jealous to see if I liked him." Peggy's eyes widened at Margo's words. "I got mad, stormed off."

"Seems like he got what he deserved." Peggy said as she watched a single tear stream down Margo's face. The crying brunette quickly shook her head and let out an unamused laugh.

"Steve said the same thing. But here's the catch, I didn't get to say goodbye to him, and now I'm worried sick that I'll never see him again."

"You'll see him again." Margo got up and walked across the small tent to her trunk. She slowly picked up the letter he wrote her.

"I don't know why I'm opening up to you, I barley know you. But, Bucky gave me this." Margo gingerly handed over the paper and leaned against the trunk, crossing her arms as her mind raced. A tense silence fell upon the two of them as Peggy read the letter, chucking softly.

"If he's hitting on the soldiers, you really are never gonna see him again." Peggy joked, a small smile making its way across Margo's lips.