Chapter 23

Jess felt like she was suddenly in a tunnel, the words "shit is going to go down" kept repeating in her head.

Harry spiffed his lips, and laughed. "Hermione, shit goes down every year. I'm Harry Potter, remember? I can do anything."

"I get that, Harry, trust me, you never stop talking about it! But I really think we need to be proactive about this!" Hermione chirped.

"How can we if you still haven't told us what's going down?" Jess sighed, feeling pretty annoyed at the whole situation. One minute she was meeting a man-dog hybrid, the next some shit was going down, but she didn't know what and it was beginning to be too much! "Alright! Follow me!" Jess cried, stalking off.

The Quidditch Arena Concession Stand was very white and the floors were spotless. The only problem was that everyone had to sit on cushions on the floor, because the House Elves couldn't reach and normally-sized tables. It really made for some uncomfortable sitting after a while, but that was where Jess lead the group. The only way she could calm her nerves now was some Elf-made, fair trade, gluten free, non-vegan Concession Stand Pudding.

Hermione sat straight, and at the head of the table. "Okay, now listen guys, this is serious business. I'm not going to let the wizarding world fall apart. Voldemort is coming back next year, and he is going to kill a lot of people. I want to stop him."

"Blah, blah." Jess muttered through a mouthful of pudding. "You know, I'm kind of an expert in time travel myself, and saving people from death is kind of a hard task. I would know." She eyed Harry angrily.

"What did I do?" Harry asked. "Why are you guys looking at me like that."

"Yeah, you're right, Jess. Maybe you shouldn't come with us." Hermione said slowly.

Jess scoffed. "I am the leader of this band of misfits, and I am going to come whether you want me to or not."

"Who made you the leader?" Hermione asked in a miffed voice.

"I take leadership, it's kinda my thing!" Jess rolled her eyes. "So hand over the time turner."

"No, you have to be trained, there are rules." Hermione said.

Sirius the dog, and Harry Potter looked between the girls slightly confused.

Jess reached out for Hermione's necklace and yanked it out of her shirt. She looped the ridiculously long chain around her neck, and looked at Harry and the dog. "Well get inside." She said.

"You can't just time travel in the middle of public," Hermione said.

"Woof" The dog said, bobbing his head under the necklace obediently.

Harry grabbed onto the necklace too trying to get in on the argument as well even though he had no reason to.

"You're going to get us lost in time!" HErmione said.

Jess spun the time turner clockwise, and suddenly the world around them spun out of focus.

Jess stopped the spinning time turner, the world slowed to a halt, and she looked around. The snack bar was empty. She narrowed her eyes, and slowly continued the time turner until she saw something change in her peripheral vision. She stopped the time turner again, and ducked out from under the chain. Harry spun around dizzy for a few moments.

Hermione froze, her eyes were wide. "Jess get back here now." She said.

Jess looked behind her and realized what Hermione was worried about. Not fifteen feet away from them stood an oversized blast ended skrewts clad with razor sharp armor all down its back.

"Well it's not that bad. I feel like Hagrid has been training me for this all year long." Harry said, lightly.