Chapter 17 - freedom.

Been inside for 10 years and it's the day I leave this place and be back home with Jack and my family, this is the best day ever and a new start to my new beginning. As i get myself showered and dressed my close friend who i shared a cell with for most of my time in here wishes me look and tells me 'enjoy your life outside these doors as i don't want to see you back in here again, and have a few drinks for me as i will never be out of here.' I say to Jim 'don't worry i wont be back but i will miss you and i will write to you every week and i will have a few jars for you.' He hugs me and says bye as he never likes goodbyes.

I leave the cell in my normal clothes clean shaved face and shiny shoes ready for the world, i can't imagine how much it would have changed over 10 years. Now am walking through the lobby passing other prisoners they pat me on my shoulder and back well the ones i spoke to, other just looked on as they will never be leaving this place they called it 'the hell hole.' Out in the corridor a women is waiting to take me two the next stage which is collecting my belonging i had from when i first arrived and a check of £96 to help with travel and somewhere to stay, but i have my family picking me up so no need to worry about accommodation just bit extra in our pocket.

Now the third stage is getting passed onto the realise officer who takes me to the gates and sends me on my way. Once am outside i take in the fresh air and look at the fields and hear the cars in the distance, while looking for my parents car. He asked me 'who was collecting me.' so i told him, he said 'i will check for you and find out if they are on there way and get back to you.' Within 10 minutes he is back out telling me 'there on there way they about 10 minutes away.' I say 'thank you for your help bye.' He left and i sat on a bench waiting in the hot sun.

I must of nodded off as the next thing i heard was a car horn 'beep beep beep' they were here for me mum,dad and Jack, i was so happy i hugged them all. Got in the back of the car with Jack us holing hands like we were in love for the first time, then mum asked 'anyone fancy going to an all you can eat buffet, before we head back. My first words were 'of course i could eat a horse three times over,' mum smiled and dad drove us to bem Brasil. Mum told me 'it is the only place she would go if she was visiting me and couldn't wait to take you there.' We arrive and i can see mum getting excited come on let's go.

We head in and OMG is lovely inside, we take a seat and the owner remembered my mother he was talking to her and she was telling him 'this will be her last visit to the restaurant as my son has just got out and am feeding him up before we go home for a surprise family get together.' The owner smiles 'OK Mrs Graham i will bring out the finest food we have for you all sit and enjoy.' The food was amazing i ate 6 plates of food and 4 deserts and 2 glasses of coke and 3 pints of beer, i was full to the brim i just wanted to go home.

The drive home was a good few hours so as i cuddled up to Jack and held his hand i fell asleep. Jack also nodded of and my mum took a photo of us without us knowing, but it was fine. I started to wake as we came back into mum's street and all i seen was welcome home banners. Laycee was stood outside holding baby Ava i could not wait for a cuddle so i jumped out the car before dad even parked and held her close she was asking her mummy 'is this uncle Jacobi,' Laycee says 'yes this is and she hugged me.' We all went in and all i wanted to do was sit and chill and catch up on life, mum asked what everyone wanted for tea all i wanted was a Chinese and a movie so thats what we all had. 

It was close to 8 pm and i wanted to leave to go to my house and meet our dog Rosie, but i knew mum didn't want me to leave she was getting over protected again. But she was a mother and thats what they do i guess. Anyways dad drives us home and i ave never been so happy to see my house and i noticed Jack has been very busy making out garden looking brilliant. We get in and i sit on the sofa and Jack lets Rosie in and she comes to me, she sniffs, barks at me then once Jack tells her 'its OK baby it's your other daddy i was telling you about.' She came and sat with me wanting cuddles.

Then i wanted to go to bed as i was shattered and could not wait a moment longer to get into my own bed as its been a long time coming. Once i was in i was out like a light Jack watched some TV with Rosie, then he fell off as well.