6~Transparency~6

"You shouldn't have." You heard Taehyung say as he was on the phone. He was stocking the fish food...Well, he was supposed to be doing that. He was working slower than a turtle. You furrowed your eyebrows as you threw a pen at him, scolding him quietly. Taehyung didn't even look at you as he nodded and wrapped up his conversation. "Okay. I'll talk to you later. Hm? Oh. At the station? I guess. Bye."

He finally looked up at you, and you raised an eyebrow at him. "This is the fifth time you've been on the phone today."

"Ah.."Taehyung nodded, uncomfortably itching the back of his neck. "Its this girl."

You couldn't explain the sudden lurch your stomach took at that moment, but simply nodded slowly. You couldn't be jealous. Not liking people is your thing, right? Taehyung shrugged, puffing out his cheeks. "You know Eunji right?"

You've seen her around a few times. She was a very pretty girl, and had a little close group of friends. Eunji was very nice, and even offered you one time to eat lunch with her. 'No wonder he talks to her so much.' You thought, and nodded again. "Sweet girl." You said simply, leaning your elbows against the desk. Taehyung pursed his lips with another shrug, looking away. "I guess. She started talking to me a few days ago and my friend gave her my number." 

"That's good."

"Eh."

You didn't respond to that as you checked the clock, taking off your vest and stuffing it in your bag. "Ah, come on. It's late." Taehyung nodded at that and slipped off his vest as well, striding over to the staff room to hang up his vest and grab his bag. You waited for him at the exit, opening the door for him as the chime rang slightly, you locking the door once you got out.

The cold air stung your cheeks as you huddled close with Taehyung, him laughing and ruffling your hair lightly as you walked. As you were nearing the train station, Taehyung froze in his tracks, grabbing your sleeve. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked ahead, only to be met with soft brown eyes staring back at you and Taehyung.

Eunji. You bit the inside of your cheek and was about to leave but Taehyung tightened his grip on your sleeve, quickly replacing his grip form your sleeve to your hand, causing you to look at him like he was drunk. He glanced at you, mumbling for you to play along as he walked towards Eunji. You panicked a bit on the inside, wanting to pull away and just run, but as Taehyung's grip stayed firm, you accepted the fate of facing her.

Eunji smiled lightly as she glanced down at your hands which were linked with Taehyung's. "Tae-Tae...Can I talk to you alone?"

"Is it something so serious that the person I'm dating can't hear?"

Ah. So that's what was going on. He didn't like Eunji at all. Was it worth lying to her though? You bit your lip and looked away, pursing your lips. You heard Eunji gulp. "Actually, nevermind. I'll text you, okay?" Eunji quickly scurried away, and you released your hand from Taehyung's and hit him in the arm. "What are you thinking? Idiot!"

"Calm down, _____-ah! I just didn't want to reject her!"

You huffed loudly, running after Eunji, Taehyung attempting to stop you before you slipped past him.

"Eunji!"

Eunji stopped in her tracks, not turning to face you. You huffed short breaths quickly as you walked around her to face her, eyes widening as you saw Eunji crying. She rapidly tried wiping away her tears but you grabbed her wrists softly and looked at her.

You didn't really know how to comfort her. You weren't a people-person obviously. "Eunji?"

She nodded slowly, finally looking at you with red puffy eyes. "I'm so sorry ____. I didn't know you and Taehyung were dating, I just..I've liked him for a long time and-"

"Hey." You cut her off, brushing her hair out of her face. "It's okay. We're not dating. He just didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you he didn't like you. I don't see why he wouldn't, believe me- Just don't beat yourself up about this, okay? You're special and you don't need anyone else to say it to you for it to be true." You didn't really know what to say after that, and you just pulled her into a hug. Eunji started crying on your shoulder, and you shushed her quietly and told her it was okay repeatedly. 

You saw Taehyung looking back at you, eyebrows furrowed. You didn't know what was going on inside his head. You pulled away from Eunji and wiped her tears with your thumbs. "What do you say we go get some milk tea or something tomorrow on lunch break?" Eunji bit her lip and looked away before a small smile grew on her lips and she nodded. "Of course. Thank you so much, ____." You grinned and gave her a quick hug again before running quickly back to the station so you wouldn't miss the train. Taehyung waited for you and you huffed as you walked past him onto the train. He quickly followed.

"What are you looking at?" 

You furrowed your eyebrows at him as he shrugged. "I'm just thinking, is all." 

"About?"

Taehyung looked away, rubbing the back of his neck. "What you did there. That....I..." He was at a loss for words. "I'm sorry if that made you mad....I'd just hate lying to her. What would you do if you got a real girlfriend and she found out I wasn't actually dating you? She'd be even more heartbroken."

"You're really something, ____." Taehyung smiled, taking your hand again, but this time more softly as your stop came and he lead you off the train, releasing your hand and not saying goodbye.

You're really something too, Kim Taehyung.