Chapter 3

Zach's POV

"Hey, I have something to tell you."
"Do you now, Gallagher girl?" I asked with a slight smirk.
Without elaborating, she said, "I do."
"Well what is it?"
"You'll have to wait till you get home." I could tell that she was the one with the smirk now.
"Just tell me now." Please, Gallagher Girl, I'm not going to make it home, just tell me now.
"Nope." She said popping the "P" in a childish way. God I love her.
Being civil clearly wasn't going to work so I dropped down to her level, and I begged. "Please, Gallagher girl."
Quietly she whispered, "It's big news, I would prefer if you were here." That only made it worse for me. What kind of big news? I know there is a slim to none chance that I am coming home, but I can't tell her that. So I'm going to do my best to get her to tell me, and if not than, I guess I'll just have to go without. But what happens if she regrets not telling me? This is a lose/lose situation.
Trying to reassure her, I said, "Cammie, you know I would do anything for you, so please, just this once?" Just this once because it's going to be the last time anyway.
"Fine." Yes! She gave in.
God I love her stubbornness, I could practically see her small smile when as I said, "I love you."
"Zach," She took a deep breath before continuing. "I know you said you were never having kids, and we've only talked about it a bit, and every time we did, we usually ended up saying we will deal with it when the time comes, well the time is now... I'm pregnant."
She said all of that really fast. It took me a minute to process, but once I had realized what she said, I was so happy. All I wanted to do was pick her up, hug her and never let her go. I was excited, I was ecstatic...
Then I realized that I'm not going to be there. I'm not going to be there for her, when she's pregnant, when she's having our child. She will raise this child by herself.
Our child is going to grow up without a father because I was to incompetent too bring back up. Because I was too dumb not to tell Cammie where I was going. I was too much of an idiot to think that I could do this on my own.
"Really?" Was all I could manage.
"Yeah." I could hear the spark of excitement in her voice.
I muttered "I love you" repeatedly as Cammie repeated "I'm pregnant" again. 
Once I had stopped talking she said, "I'll tell you the details when you get back."
But I'm not going to get back. So I ask, "Is it a boy or a girl?"
"I don't know, it's still too early."
"I love you Cammie." Even though I had said it already, I had to tell her again.
"I love you too." She said before continuing, "Oh I'm late, I'm supposed to meet with my mother, goodbye, I love you, I'll see you soon."
"Goodbye, I love you, so much Gallagher girl, so much." I heard the call cut off and I dropped the phone and started crying. That will be the last time I hear her voice. The last time I can tell her I love her. The last time I call her Gallagher girl.
But I'll be gone, so I won't have to deal with it. My Gallagher girl will. I'll be the one to put my Gallagher girl in pain. I don't want to do that to her. God I wish I could just take the pain away from her.
I wish I was coming home.
I wish I could see our child.

A/N: ~Mynx Coleman~ This chapter was probably my favorite to write because whenever I get over emotional about anything I laugh at my pain... I was laughing a lot while writing this. Nova, "Get good ladies, or get dead." I will see you on Thursday.