Ghastly Events For Him

"Sir, you have been called by your father. He wants you there, he says." says his father's secretary and assistant who quickly drifted off as soon as the message was sent.

Taeyong sighs heavily from his seat while he ponder for a moment whether to act on the call or ignore it; after all, today is the day. He did not entirely 'failed' to kick Ten out though. Time just seemed to passed by quickly and he didn't expect the day would come that quick. Nevertheless, it wouldn't change his mind.

Finally, he stood up and walked his way to the meeting room and upon entering, the moment was just "right". He saw his father standing at the podium, and delivering his speech.

".. Finally, the day have come and I would like to thank all of you for working here with me." his father says. Taeyong quietly made his way to a corner, his hands hidden in his pockets and no one seemed to have noticed his presence yet. He leans on the wall as he watch.

"My journey have come to an end. But this company would never change. Today, I would like you to meet our new CEO. Ten" his father finishes and everyone applauded when Ten walks beside his father and took the speech from there. And as if it was meant to happen, Ten's eyes found Taeyong's in a sea of people gathered in the room. Ten paused for a while then began to speak.

"I didn't expect this day would come so fast. The first month of being here was kind of cruel but I managed. It was an honor to be picked out of all people out there who may be capable of doing so.. But, thanks to him I was motivated to work and pursue this position. It's all thanks to you, Taeyong." and as if on a cue, everyone turned their heads towards Taeyong who is standing quietly and glaring daggers at Ten.

There was a moment of silence; most of the employees knows the thing's that's been going on between the two. The tension around the room was too heavy for the others until Jaehyun, who was standing near the podium; cleared his throat and applauded. The rest finally followed and Ten broke the glaring contest with Taeyong.

Taeyong click his tongue in annoyance. No one has ever made feel this way or treated him this way. No one dared to.

He turned his heel and was about to leave when Jaehyun quickly walks up to him.

"Taeyong, wait!" he turns at Jaehyun, looking bored. Finally, Jaehyun reaches him and he leans closer to his ear.

"Your father wants you to stay for a while. He's got something important to say." Jaehyun says and pulls away from him.

...

It was ten thirty in the evening and Taeyong sat on his swivel chair with his feet placed at his table and a glass of champagne on his hand. Jaehyun left before him and from the quiet atmosphere of the floor, he guessed he was the only one left. Everyone went to the party they had for Ten and Taeyong was left on his own. His father never cared whether he wanted to come nor whether he agreed or hated his choices after all, Taeyong has no choice but to obey him and today, Taeyong is grateful that his father didn't gave a single fuck about him.

His phone suddenly made a beeping sound and vibrated nonstop in his pocket. He took it out and and a name flashes at the screen: Yuta. He swiped it and answers the call.

"TY!" Yuta shouted from the other side; the background music from the club can be heard and Taeyong could barely hear Yuta.

"What?" he asks, his voice low and bored.

"Woojae invited me out tonight, said you guys got a party. I'm with him with a small company right now but I couldn't find you anywhere. Don't tell me you're sulking somewhere."