So It Begins

Norman's P.O.V

JUNE 27

Silence. That's all I could hear from being deeply asleep. Out of no where my phone rings. I groggily wake up and pick up the phone with the caller I.D of my son Mingus. "Hello?", I say softly while sitting up. "Hey Dad sorry to wake you up I just wanted to call ahead to say I'm headed to New York since mom thinks it'd be great to spend time with you." With my free hand I rub my face to fully awake myself. "Yeah that'll be great buddy I really do miss you having you around in this lonely apartment."

I stand up and quickly stretch and head to the kitchen to make some coffee. "Really! I miss you too Dad. I love mom and all but it kinda gets boring here. I gotta go pack up Dad I'll call you once the plane is landing so you could pick me up at the airport. I love you Dad!" I smile big even though he can't see me. "I love you too Boom. Be safe and take care." The call ends and I set down my phone. I grab the coffee mug and pour myself some.

"What shall we do today Eye?" I look down to see Eye rub against my legs and purr. "I really wish sometimes you could talk that'd be great." Eye meows and jumps up and paws at the cupboard where I store his food. "Ah you want some food of course I should have known." I go and pullout the cat food and pour some on his bowl. He meows as if thanking me for finally feeding him. "Yeah yeah, your welcome"

I make my way towards my room and grab some clothes to take a shower. Once I have my clothes I turn on the shower and test it until its warm and get into the shower. I feel the warm water run down my back and feel myself relaxing. Once I'm done I grab a towel and dry myself. I put on my clothes and momentarily stare at the mirror. What I would do to find some company to have around this apartment. I think to myself and notice I look weird just staring at the mirror even though no one is around.

I get out the bathroom and put my shoes on. I should go out to kill time and wait to pick up Mingus. Probably try find some great places to take pictures would be great. Once I made up my mind I grab my Ray Bans and a leather jacket. I turn around and see Eye sleeping on the his little bed. I grab my keys and head out to find new scenery for new pictures to take.

Damn it! I forgot to eat breakfast! Ugh good going Norman you really know how to take care of yourself. I make my way down the streets to a near by cafe. As I open the door I'm greeted with the sweet smell of coffee and delicious looking food around being served to the customers. I sit down in a small booth and a older lady I've known since I moved here in New York greets me. "Hey there Norman you want the usual as always?" She says warmly and politely. "Actually I just want the usual coffee I get but surprise with something new you got on the menu Sally." She smiles and replies "Alrighty I'll bring your coffee shortly and once your food is done I'll bring it too." She walks away and I just sit there and notice how the cafe is buzzing as usual.

I hear the door bell ring and look up to see a women who I haven't seen around at all before. She looks up and find out that the only open seat is in front of him in his booth. She makes her way to where he is seating. I notice how beautiful she looks. She looks about her middle twenties. I can't seem to look away as she's close to where I'm still seating. She stands on the side and softly says "Um, sorry to intrude but could I sit here? I can't find another seat around here.." She slightly blushes in embarrassment.