Now you know

The Mikaelson's library could make any historian weep tears of honest joy. The amount of pure history and culture reigned true.

"Impressive?" Elijah said from beside her, his lips pulled into a small smile.

Eden couldn't help the smile that pressed itself to her lips. She had lied ealier when she said she was beginning to trust Elijah, she already did.

She didn't want to accept that. She didn't want to be like every other girl who fell over themselves because this charming original before her.

"Very," Eden replied immediately, running her palm over the spine of a leather bound book. Worn from years of use.

When she had awoken her room had been empty of everyone except her. Her and the rest of the Mikaelson family had an awkward breakfast to say in the least.

Thank god for Kol, he knew how to keep the air light even if the situation wasn't.

Elijah had asked her to accompany him to the library, she complied. Eden hadn't missed the way Klaus's hands curled around the cutlery forming a tight fist. His jaw tightened as he hastily exited the home. Something about a job he had to take care of.

Elijah fell silent for a moment before speaking suddenly," There was a woman my brother and I loved without preamble."

Eden opened her mouth to speak only to close it once more. Her heart paced quickly. Sure she found them both very attractive. And that seemed to develop more since their trip to New York, but she didn't have feelings for them, right?

Sure her stomach twisted uncomfortably at the idea of Elijah and Klaus in love with some other girl. Her body pulsating with jealousy, but that didn't make sense because their had to be feelings first. And sure she suddenly wanted to reach out and touch Elijah.

Eden shook her head focusing back on Elijah. If their was one thing Eden was fairly good at it was denial. And right now she was swimming in it.

"Her name was Tatia. She was beautiful but she was also spiteful. I wished not to see it, but I am not the kind to forget the tarnish on the reverse side of the brightest coin."

Eden sucked in a breath,"I kissed Klaus." Kissing Klaus didn't feel wrong in anyway and she didn't regret it. She couldn't regret it. Because even if she had said no, she hadn't meant it. Klaus made her feel powerful and beautiful like a queen.

While Elijah made her feel special even if she wasn't a queen. He praised her on her wonderful attributes but he also did so on the one's that weren't so wonderful.

Elijah tilted his head," From what I heard the night before it was Niklaus who kissed you. Tell me why you felt it was necessary to take fault for that?"

Eden flushed,"You heard that." Guilt filled the pit of her stomach, she was subtly aware of Elijah's feelings. And the way she discarded them, was utterly horrible.

Elijah nodded and motioned for her to answer his question.

"Klaus is your brother. He's family. Family should be above all else. Saying I kissed Klaus felt right because you should be angry at me instead of being angry at him," Eden said strongly. "Not that you have any reason to be angry."

His eyebrow hitched at that. His face remaining impassive.

Elijah seemed to be considering this. "Tatia sought to make us fight for her affection and even thus I loved her. Though it was odd the way I loved her. Like one loves summer when it's cold in winter. You however are quite innocent in this thing brewing between us."

Eden looked away ashamed." I'm not innocent. You should feel nothing for me, Klaus should feel nothing for me. It's what I deserve." Eden's voice cracked, maybe that's what she deserved but it was most certainly not what she wanted.