~~~~~Carbon~~~~~

Year 1549

Before the general could scold me more another bomb exploded, thankfully it missed. His eyes widened observing the blackened vegetation,finally he realized the cost of this battle.

"General" a intel solider spat, "we received a red flag from the Imperial Court ".     

A red flag meant to retreat, but his stubbornness does not fade even in the face of death. He just stood in the middle of the battlefield. The intel solider was sweating terribly even though he was not directly effected by the explosion.  This was not a good sign 

all of us will probably start to suffer some side effects. We cannot possibly fight in this condition. 

"General" the intel solider weakly said.

He got nothing in reply,  the general just stood still. Awaiting. his orders we all did the same, it seems he was at a loss. 

The skies above us started to darken. Acid rain, wow just perfect. 

The dark and quiet moment was accompanied by the sound of water splattering on the ground. The general fell to his knees, he put down his sword, the rain just kept rolling off his armor.

If this continues any longer there is an absolute zero chance of survival. 

"Everyone", I yell, "I don't care about your rank or whether you trust me or not, but if you want to survive, if you want to see your family again, we must retreat. I speak in the place of the General who is unable to pull himself together. So unless you want me to explain to the imperial court why only one person survived this battle, follow my lead, I assure you I have an extraction plan. Method Carbon is a go" .