Chapter 2- Daughter of the Sea God

(6 months later)

'Daughter of the sea god! Daughter of the sea god!' said the excited voice of a fish that had passed by the playroom window.

"Quite popular aren't you Percy?" Triton asked with amusement in his voice. He insisted on calling the girl Percy, as he thought Sapphire was too girly, and he knew the girl would grow up to be a strong warrior. Especially if he was training her.

Sapphire giggled happily, clapping her hands. She started babbling happily. Saying random gibberish. Triton smiled at the young girl. He stood up, walking over to Sapphire. He held his finger out, and Sapphire wrapped her small hand around it, pulling herself up. Triton picked her up onto his shoulders, making the girl squeal happily.

"Come on little minnow, we're gonna go find daddy," he said, walking off towards the throne room.

Poseidon smiled as he saw his son walk in with Sapphire on his shoulders. He was happy Triton got along so well with her. He didn't know what he would do if Triton didn't accept her. Sapphire was playing with the golden band on Triton's head that he wore to recognize him as prince.

"Nice to see you two getting along," Poseidon said happily. Triton smiled back.

"She is different. I can tell. She has a kind heart. I've never had a sister before," Triton replied. Poseidon smiled again, walking towards Triton and pulling him into a small hug. Triton's face fell slightly.

"She is still a demigod. Only mortal. She will... die eventually," Triton said sadly, whispering the last part so Sapphire couldn't hear. Not that she could understand anyway. Poseidon's face fell as well.

"I know. I... I don't know what I will do," Poseidon said quietly.

"Let's not dwell on it now," Triton said, trying to lighten the mood. He could tell that Sapphire sensed the sad aura around the two. Poseidon nodded, also noticing Sapphire becoming saddened.

"She has her 1st birthday coming up. I need to get a crown made. She will be the princess of the sea," Poseidon said proudly. Sapphire giggle and started happily babbling again.