0.8 - Messed Emotions

The next morning Alivia found herself awake since the night before, just staring up at the ceiling.

The voices had stopped, but her brain was still wide awake. Never had she ever been like that when seeing Caroline, ever. It was strange to see the symptoms of a crush approched her so suddenly.

She got up and sat at the end of her bed, only for a moment before her phone began to ring. Katherine's name came on the screen and a single voice popped into her head.

She answered the phone call anyways. "Hi, Katherine."

"Are you working today?" Katherine asked on the other line.

"Yeah I think so." Alivia answered, pressing a hand to her head to try and relieve the pain.

"Want me to come keep you company?" She asked. She sounded happier than usual. Alivia was about to say yes when it felt like someone was screaming in her head.

Alivia shouted in pain and dropped her phone. She fell to her knees and pressed her palms to her head tightly, trying to surpress the pain. Katheirne was shouting on the other line.

They suddenly went away, as if that was punishment enough for her. Alivia picked up the phone and breathed heavily.

"Actually, I don't think I'm going today. I'm taking a day off." Alivia said, stopping Katherine's cries for her.

"Are you okay?!" She asked.

"Fine, just stubbed my toe. I've got to go but I'll see you later." Alivia said quickly before hanging up on her.

Alivia sat on her bed, soon letting tears fall freely. She closed her eyes and breathed, not able to grasp why this was happening so suddenly.

She opened her eyes and looked up, letting out a few cries for confusion and pain.

"Why is this happening to me?"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Staying home wasn't an option when there was nothing to do, so Alivia went out of the house and went to find her friends.

She'd let Matt know she was taking the day off so she was able to go into the Grill without being questioned.

Elena and Caroline were sitting at a table in the back discussing amongs themselves and Alivia decided to join.

"Hey guys." She greeted, sliding into the side Caroline sat.

Their legs brushed and Alivia felt a tingle go through her body. Caroline looked at her with wide eyes, wondering if she'd felt it too.