Chapter Two

/ A.N. I apologize in advance for the very very late delayed chapter, haha. /

"Alright, so what do I do? Do I go in casually or try to sneak in?" I contemplate for a while trying to think of every possible event that could happen.

"Maybe if I-" I was sitting in the front of our school on the concrete stairs, probably not the best idea.

"Why hello Miss Adeline." One of my mother's friends greets me, I believe her name is Joy?

"Oh um, hi." I smile and scratch the back of my neck. It's some form of habit I've adapted over the course of the years when I get nervous.

Even if she said my name incorrectly, I couldn't actually bother to correct her because I feel like I'd mess up my own name.

Joy was one of my mom's friends who would come often by our house and drink tea or coffee with my mom. They would talk about how they could improve my mother's writing skills for either some magazine or a few books of her own. I enjoyed listening to them talk and talk about interesting twists and turns, or them simply talking about something new on the news papers.

The thing is I would listen to them from behind a wall or behind the door because I didn't want to bother them. And even though they've invited me or told me countless times to join them, I always passed up the offer or made up some excuse.

"What are you doing here, sweetheart?" She gives me a sweet smile, waiting for a response.

"Oh- uh-"

"Are you looking for your mother?" She questions while she takes a seat next to me.

I quickly stand up and cough. "Um no. I was just walking home from my friends house." I try my hardest to smile and ended up giving her one of my awkward weird smiles.

She makes an o shape with her lips and nods, "Oh alrighty then! Would you like me to give you a ride?" She kindly offers.

I shake my head no, "uh no thanks. Thank you for offering but I'm fine walking alone."

She nods and smiles, "Alright Adeline, now you be careful out there! You never know what could happen. And tell your mother I said hello and to call me! Thanks!" She stood up and walked away.

As she enters the building I say "It's Adalyn." I sigh and try to figure out a plan to get it.

It was pretty obvious what I could do, walk through the front door. But that's too easy and obvious. I would get caught instantly.

I decide it's probably best if I walk around the school building and figure out a way in.

"There so many ways to get it! But dammit, what do I do? What do I chose?" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration as I walked towards the back of the building.

"Just do it man! Don't be such a pussy!" I heard a voice in the distant. The voice had caught me a bit off guard and startled me.

I see about three figures in the distant.

"Alright! Hold on Michael. Always pushing my buttons!" Someone else says.

"Maybe I wouldn't need to push your buttons if you'd hurry up! Keep in mind this was your idea." The same voice from earlier spoke, Michael was it?

What were they going on about?

Why do you care? Go back to your mission you little rat.

Sometimes I really dislike my subconscious.

"I know it was my idea, but things take time and if you keep annoying me, I will literally throw all your precious little Pokemon belongings into the trash." One of them says, obviously irritated.