Harry Potter: Snamione HC

"Excellent work, Hermione," Professor Snape praised.

I didn't usually blushed when a teacher commented on my work, but Snape felt different. I felt happy.

"You managed to do the exact OPPOSITE of what I told you to do."

A sarcastic clap followed the harsh words.

"Sorry, Professor. I forgot what the assignment was."

I was too busy staring at your beautiful face, I thought.

"Hermione, your absent-mindedness really does baffle me," Snape hissed.

Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"10 points from Gryffindor! And a detention."

A groan from the Gryffindors echoed across the room.

"Are you ok, Hermy?" Ron asked. "You look a little white."

Being ripped out of my pity party, I collected myself and turned to face my red-headed friend.

"I'm fine," I said with a smile, but Ron remained unconvinced.

Reluctantly, he turned away to tend to his potion, leaving me to dwell on my sorrows.

* * * * *

"Hermione, this is the third time you have earned a detention in my class," Snape said.

I stared at the books in front of me, trying to keep my tears from flowing down my face.

"Do you know why that is?" he asked.

"Because I'm a terrible student," I replied, a hint of sarcasm slipping its way into my sentence.

"No, Miss Granger. That is not the reason."

Hermione thought she heard a little bit of hesitation in the Professor's voice.

"Then what is the reason, Professor?" she said reluctantly but hopeful.

"The reason is, Miss Granger," he said. He was standing right behind me, his warmth radiating off of him. Somehow, this little gesture made me feel safe.

"The reason is... I, ah- love you."

Relief flooded inside of me, filling me up from my toes upwards.

"Severus," I said, now spinning to face him. "I'd thought you'd never say so."