Two

Jj's POV

Spence glanced between the lovebirds and I before quickly hunching his shoulders as he squeezed between them to make a beeline towards me. His gentle fingers quickly gave the side of my shoulders a reassuring squeeze as his hushed voice asked what was wrong.

I hastily entangled my own fingers in his and led him towards the makeshift 'lab' Rossi had set up as soon as we had got here, to once again remove my hold from his to point a shaky finger towards the 'cage' my once alive husband now bashed his head against.

Reid swallowed a lump of awkwardness in his throat before delicately inquiring, "what's the matter exactly...?", as this was now the normal thing for Will, or 'Will's corpse' as the others tried to make me refer to him as to make me realise the reality of the situation.

"I-I- hear me out here, Spence, okay? I-I swear he said my name," I began before I saw the expression on Reid's perfectly proportioned face.

"Jj, I-" his mouth opened cautiously to begin filling my broken brain with sense and knowledge but it closed as my voice broke the awkwardness in the musky basement air.

"I know, Spence, trust me- I know," I spoke, shaking my head and looking towards the ground as I emphasised my understanding of this mess, "it wasn't that he said it... more that he, I don't know.... grunted it? It doesn't matter though Spence, he said it, or at least tried to! Doesn't that mean he's aware or something? That he is still Will?!" I grasped Spence's shoulders almost as tight as I was grasping onto the possibility that I could still have my husband as I beamed a smile of excitement towards him.

"Jennifer," Reid sighed as he moved my arms down from his shoulders to wrap his own around my torso, resting his head on mine, "you know the results from the stimuli tests and that-"

"I KNOW!" I shouted, slamming the palms of my hands onto Reid's chest, furiously pushing myself away from the only person that could help me, "I know," I sighed, crossing my arms and making eye contact with Spence again, "I know what they said but that was before, this is now and now - he said my name, JJ, he said it, I swear, he was standing there and he looked at me with those horrible eyes, and - and, he said it!" I ended my rant in tears and a slight voice crack, allowing Spence to envelope me in his arms as the team awkwardly began spilling into Will's disgusting home.

"JJ, we, um, we heard the shouts and well, is-uh- is everything-" Rossi's gentle concerns were cut off by a much sharper tone.

"What's going on?" Hotch cut straight to the point, meaning well but not showing it.

"It's uh- you're not going to believe me," I chuckled, imagining the thought of Aaron believing me when even Spence didn't.

Reid briefly ran his hand over my hair before turning to rest it reassuringly around my waist, swivelling us both to face the group as he cleared his throat.

"Will said JJ's name." he spoke clearly, uttering the words I never imagined he'd believe.

Hotch's stance altered as he spoke his mouth to speak before he was beat to it by Emily.

"Did you hear it, Reid?" she inquired, without even glancing in my direction.

"Well, no- but" he began fumbling with his fingers and making motions as he began, desperately trying to stand up for me.

"Spence," Prentiss' voice went soft as she rubbed her hand up his shoulder which wasn't pressed against me, "you know how JJ is right now," she kept eye contact with him the whole time, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at the nickname and how close she was to him.

"Prentiss," I spoke up, addressing her by her surname, something I rarely did, "I heard what I heard, and 'right now' I'm sure that it was my name, out of my husbands mouth!" My voice raised and strained as I noticeably got more frustrated.

"HE'S NOT YOUR HUSBAND ANYMORE JJ!" Em screamed in irritation, not thinking before shattering my heart.

"And apparently you're not my friend anymore either." I whispered briskly before moving out of Spence's hold and skimming past Hotch as I headed towards Henry's room.