Only To Go Back

"Come on shrimp." The male growled from deep within his throat as he pulled the small blue haired woman along by her wrist. It was sometime late at night. Levy could tell by how high the moon was above them.

"Where are we going?" She whispered in response following hesitantly behind him. It wasn't that she trusted the male. In fact it was quite the opposite. He scared her more than anything. But he was actually letting her out of that room and away from the other males who looked at her.

Despite how she felt about the male leading her, Gajeel hadn't laid a hand on her. In contrast the iron dragon slayer had protected the small Mage from every advance that his guild mates had made. Each time growling about how she was his woman. Then later at night he would take her to his room and lock the door. The first time Levy was afraid he would do something. To her surprise he climbed in bed mumbling that the room was free to her since he had the key.

Tonight was the first night that she had been free from that stuffy room. It had also been a week since the war and since she had seen her friends.

Suddenly her eyes laid on a shed. It was the one she had been held in. He was locking her back up.

"No." She cried suddenly, gripping her wrist and trying to pull away from his grip. "Let go. I don't wanna go back to that cage."

"Quit it shrimp." The male muttered clamping his hand over her mouth as he pulled her to his chest to keep her from fighting him. His arms holding hers tight to her sides so only her feet could kick. "You ain't going back in that cage." He whispered roughly in her ear.

They waited in silence until Levy quit squirming. Gajeel gently setting her down and removing his hand from her mouth. "You wanna see your friends right?" He asked in a quiet whisper. To that he received a silent nod. A grunt escaped the males lips and he grabbed her wrist again, pulling her to the back door and inside.

There was a soft sniffing noise before Levy heard a voice call her name. "Levy?" Natsu asked softly.

The blue haired girl looked back at Gajeel who merely looked bored before she took off running toward the cage where her guild mates were held.

"Levy." The blonde friend happily reaching though the bars and pulling her shorter friend into an awkward hug.

"Lu. Everyone." She smiled, tears streaming down her pale cheek. Natsu smiled slightly before looking up at the dragon slayer who had defeated him and frowned. "What have you done to Levy?"

"I ain't touched her Salamander." The male growled.

"Bull....."

"He hasn't." Levy said quickly looking up at the dragon slayer with a small smile that Gajeel couldn't lie. He loved it.

"Then why isn't he letting us out of here?" Erza growled to which Gajeel leaned over with a small half smirk.

"That's an easy one Titania. If I wanna keep my girl safe, I gotta do what my master says." He grinned, the tips of his fangs revealed beneath his lips.

Outside the guards began talking loudly to someone. Natsu and Gajeel's eyes met and the males stared in silent agreement.

"Shrimp. We gotta go." The male grumbled grabbing hold of her wrist and beginning to pull her away.

"But I don't...." She started.

"We'll come back if we can tomorrow. Masters coming." He growled letting the door shut quietly behind him. Before quickly beginning to tug the young woman back toward the back to the guild.

Natsu shook his head softly as he watched the two run away. "What is it Natsu?" Lucy asked, laying a gentle hand on his arm. "We are stuck with him." The male whispered in agitation. "What do you mean?" The blonde asked softly. Natsu gently laid his hand atop of hers. "Levy is his mate."

-----------------

Gajeel quickly opened the door to his room and gently pushed her inside. "Get in bed quickly." He growled quietly before shutting the door and leaning against the doorway.

A few moments later, Master José walked toward the males room. Pausing to notice the dragon slayer leaning against doorway. "Cannot sleep my son?"

The dark haired male grunted softly in reply. "Shorty takes up the whole bed." He murmured trying to sound nonchalant. A soft chuckle escaped the males lips and he nodded. "It seems that little one has nestled her way into your heart my son." To this, Gajeel shrugged softly. He couldn't lie to his master. The male had known him to long for that.

"She's my mate. I guess she's gotta." Gajeel shrugged his shoulders again as he pulled a piece of iron from the wall and began to chew on it.

"Hmm." José nodded before walking past back toward his own room. 'In due time.' He thought quietly to himself. 'Once I've seen the mark. Then I will rip her away as my weapon.'

The dragon slayer let out a soft sigh and relaxed back against the doorway. Pushing the door open, the male was greeted with the sight of the short blue haired mage relaxed on her stomach in shorts and one of his long shirts, one of the only books he owned resting in her hands and her feet flipped up and kicking gently behind her. His eyes glazed over the woman before him. She was perfect from the tips of her toes curled in anxiety from the book before her to her perfectly colored blue hair that she tucked behind her ear. "Damn shrimp." He muttered.

Levy quickly flipped over, pulling her knees to her chest. "I....I....I'm sorry." She blushed looking down at the book that she gently caressed in her hands. "It was all alone on the shelf and I thought I'd just read it." She whispered weakly. Her shoulders hanging slightly in fear.

"No it ain't that. I don't mind." He said, clearing his throat before he continued. "I just. I ain't never seen ya like that. You look good in my clothes." He smirked revealing the tips of his fangs again.

"Idiot." The woman shouted loudly as she pulled a pillow and threw it directly at the males head. He dodged with ease and a soft "Gihi" before he collapsed on the bed beside her.

Levy quickly shifted her body away from the male. Her legs still pulled to her chest as she looked over at the male who laid on his stomach, his head buried into one of the pillows. "Alright shut the light off shrimp. I gotta sleep." The male grunted, shifting softly and pulling his shirt over his shoulders. With a small sigh the male collapsed back against the bed. One of his arms lay tucked beneath his head while the other hung over the side of the bed. "Tomorrow we gotta go on a mission because I sure as hell ain't leavin you here with them."

The small woman nodded pulling the cord on the small table beside her. "Goodnight." She whispered softly as she pulled the blanket up to her chin. There was a long pause of silence as the two laid in bed. A large gap between the both of their bodies.

"Gajeel...." Levy whispered softly. A soft grunt came in reply before Levy felt the bed shift and looked over to see the dragon slayer face her. "Thank you." She mumbled softly, twisting her fingers beneath the blanket. "For today. Letting me see them."

"Tsk. It was notin shrimp." The male grunted in reply before rolling over. "Just sleep now."

The blue haired woman nodded keeping herself still facing his back. "Good night." She whispered letting her hazel eyes shut as she drifted off to sleep.