Chapter 1

I killed someone. My heart pounded against my chest as I shakily gathered sweaters, t-shirts, my favorite maroon hoodie and a pair of jeans into my large duffle bag. I grabbed two water bottles, a dozen energy bars, an apple, and a bar of soap. I slipped on my tennis shoes and flipped open my saving box, which I earned from the diner I used to work in and took as much money as I had and ran out the door. My heart was still racing as I ran as far away as my legs would take me. I stopped to catch my breathe and then continued running. I had no idea where I was going but I figured I would move somewhere far until eventually someone finds me and sends me to jail. I stopped running, but I still walked at a steady pace. My goal is to find a stream or river and camp out there for the night. Then I could continue following the stream. Suddenly my stomach clenched and I dry heaved the little breakfast I had. I shook it off and continued until i heard the swishing of water. I sat down on the cold forest ground, twigs and little rocks digging into my jeans making it uncomfortable for me to move let alone sit. God, I thought to myself. How the fuck am I going to endure the nights here alone in the middle of nowhere. I mean, if the animals didn't get to me then I'd die of hypothermia or dehydration or possibly hunger. I mean 12 energy bars don't last for all of eternity. I sighed and pulled one out and nibbled on the edge just a little bit and re-wrapped it and put it back. Then I drank both of the water bottles instantly feeling satisfied. I shuffled over to the stream and dipped my first water bottle into the cool, clear water. After I finished filling them I stuck them into my bag and zipped it up. I threw on a sweater and grabbed a second one and rolled it up into a pillow. I gotta say, sleeping in the middle of the woods does have its benefits. One, the air is clean and fresh. Two, the sky. The freaking sky. You see every star, every little dot of light. Its so beautiful. I tied my hair up and closed my eyes. I fell asleep after a few minutes of counting the stars.
********************************
OKAY OMG IM SO HAPPY I GOT THROUGH THAT FIRST CHAPTER YAY. I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS AND IF YOU GOT TO THIS POINT THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH GUYS LIKE SERIOUSLY YOU ARE AMAZING *takes a dramatic breath* Bye now. :) and ik its short and really bad but keep in mind its my first book so yeah

 :) and ik its short and really bad but keep in mind its my first book so yeah

Iris Fletchers❤️^^^^^^^(mila kunis)