3

|Ray|

I got up to finish off the washing. It kills me seeing Rosie like this. I wish I could do something, but I physically and mentally can't.

Work is very demanding. Paperwork and different designs are thrown at me, and there is no way for me to escape it.

In the past, I've missed seeing the birth of my two kids, I've missed Kaiden's first basketball game, and I never showed up to Katlin's dance recital. All because I have to stay behind to finish of all the designs for my boss, which then affects my family, and my marriage.

Rosie and I can never agree, we argued on what we were gonna call the twins when Rosie was pregnant, We couldn't decide on the colour theme for our wedding. Nowadays, we just argue over the simplest things. Our marriage isn't what it use to be eight years ago.

"Dad, why is Mom crying in the bedroom?" Katlin's voice asked me. I turned around and saw her standing there in her pyjamas.

"It's complicated adult stuff sweetie, don't worry about it," I say, smiling so she is convinced.

"I'm not two, I'm eight, is it because you didn't show up to lunch today?" She asked me, a sarcastic confused look on her little face.

"Why did you ask me if you already know the answer?" I wondered out loud and she smiled.

"Just wanted you to feel the shame," she smiles brightly.

"What? Katiln, what are you on about?!" I asked her, she rolled her eyes, just like how Rosie does.

"You didn't come to my dance recital, you wasn't here for dinner tonight or last night, or the night before and you left Mom today, not even bothering to show up or even call her to say you can't come!" Katiln says, giving me glares in disgust. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under.

"Aren't you grounded young lady?" I asked her, smirking in her face. Her smile drops and she groans when she clicks that I've caught her out. I heard Rosie yell at Kaitlin even before I got in the house.

"Goodnight princess," I say, getting on her nerves, giving her a big hug and kiss on the forehead. She tries to free herself, but then she gives in and hugs me back.

"But Dad, promise me you won't make Mom cry again," Katlin says in a serious tone.

"I promise," I say, knowing deep down inside, I might break that promise and lose my daughter's trust forever...

"Okay, I'm going to bed now, you should finish off the dirty dishes," Katlin smiled, skipping out the kitchen and up the stairs.

It wasn't until she left, I realized that I've turned just a small little situation, into the biggest problem of my life...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up early in the morning. It's Saturday so I haven't got to go to work.

Rosie on the other hand does have a big fashion show today, so she has to go to work. But then I get to spend time with the twins.