17. One Step Ahead

I turn around and start running down the barely occupied street. Steve laughs and runs after me. I gotta lose him. I cut a sharp corner, then hide behind a dumpster. He runs right past. I smirk and start building some snowballs. I can intercept him two blocks down. Quickly, I run down the road and see him.

He a block in front of me, looking down the roads. I huff and hurl a snowball at the back of his head. He stumbles forward and I duck into a alley as he turns around.

"Playing dirty, I see?" He yells in my general direction. I bite my lip to suppress my laughs and position my next snowball in my metal hand. Leading only my head and arm around, I spot him, then send the snowball soaring towards his face. It hits him with a splat and I giggle, running to another alley before he can see me.

"God, you're good at this," he mutters rather loudly and I smile, starting to climb a ladder. I'm halfway up and he spots me, yelling.

"Aha!" He yells and chucks a ball of ice towards me. I squeal and scurry upwards, my right foot slipping and causing me to hang from my hands. I groan lowly and scramble up, seeing that Steve isn't far behind me. I need to put some distance between us.

I shake my head and start running. It's hard to get traction with these boots. Mixed with this slick, stabbing snow, it's not easy. I keep pushing, hoping to God I can get enough momentum to make this jump. A smirk plays on my face. When was the last time Steve practiced hurtling across buildings?

My feet no longer have ground under them as I'm flying through the air, my arms flailing to keep balance. I land and roll onto the next building, immediately springing back upwards into a run. The next gap is nearing quickly ahead. I hear Steve land not too far behind me and pick up speed. Suddenly, my foot slips as a snowball smacks into it. I scream as I'm sent over the edge. I'm four stories up.. now three..

I reach to the wall and latch my metal hand into a window ledge. I'm two now. I easily let go and land softly.

"Buck! Bucky! Are you okay?" I hear him call and I disappear back onto the sidewalks. I'm glad they shoveled them, so he can't track me. I smirk walk briskly as he's still a block away calling for me. I start forming more snowballs, shoving them into my coat pockets. I climb a ladder and make it this time without being spotted. I see Steve across the street, frantically looking for me. I chuckle and peg a ball of snow at him. It hits him directly in the head. I can't seem to miss.

I hide behind the ledge and hear him shuffling in confusion. He must look so weird to the occasional passer-by.

I chuckle again and peek over, seeming him narrowing his eyes at the building next to mine. I throw another, this time hitting him in the back. He groans and continues searching. He turns around and I chuck another. It hits his arm.

"You're making this too easy," I groan, leaning my elbow on the ledge. He looks up to me and rolls his eyes.

"You win. You're the better assassin. To be fair, I've never been one."

I laugh and look at how cute he is. His cheeks are flushed from the cold and embarrassment. His eyes are bright electric blue, popping against the white snow. His frame is massive, given either to the clothes or his build. I bite my lip and cough.

"Come get me," I smirk and he chews on his lip, running to the ladder. I immediately spring up and start running, leaping across to another building with ease. I'm stopped in my tracks as Steve climbs up the ladder in front of me. His head is inches from my feet. I squeal and start backing up, but he grabs my foot and I fall backwards onto the snow with a thud. He chuckles and crawls up to me, still holding me down.

"How did you-"

"A soldier is always one step ahead," he is now hovering on top of me, his hands laced with mine. My stomach flutters and I stare at his lips. They're wet, either from the occasional flake of snow landing on them, or him chewing on them. I lazily look back up to his eyes and find them piercing into me. I yank my hands out of his and grab his face fiercely, slamming my lips to his. He is surprised and rolls onto his back. I am now on top, putting as much passion and feeling into this kiss as I can.

His lips move against mine gently, massaging them. He bites my bottom lip and pulls back, coaxing a moan out of me. He groans and releases it. I look at him through hooded eyes. His hands land on my waist, I feel him squeeze through all the layers of clothes.

"God.." I whisper, my hands still pressed to his cheeks, "you're so beautiful," I am out of breath. Not from kissing, but from how amazing he looks. I can't believe I haven't done anything like this in nearly one hundred years. Surely I knew I had feelings for him way back then..

He flushes even more scarlet and snakes his hands under my shirts. I feel his icy touch against my stomach and my muscles tense and retract away. He chews on his lip as his fingers explore the ridges and curves. I pant, my hands now holding me steady on either side of Steve's head. He leads light scratches against my chest and I groan, my eyes closing with the pleasure of the unusual contact.

"Steve," I squeak out, my voice wavering, "stop."

He does, pulling his hands back to himself.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"No, it's just that.." I turn red, "I was.."

"Oh!" He chirps and I cover my face, maneuvering my hips so I'm not longer straddling him, but instead seated beside.

"I still won," I mutter and he smirks, putting his head into my lap. I sigh and start playing with his hair by instinct.

"Don't do that, I'll get sleepy," he mutters into my thigh and I chuckle.

"Guess we'll have to get you home then."

---

sorry I haven't updated!! I've been busy painting my room!! anyhoo this story is now in domestic stucky overdrive!! but dont worry somethins comin ;)