Prologue

The sky that was normally a bright blue was a dark grey as water fell from the clouds that blocked the sun, assaulting the rolling hills covered with an assortment of flowers of different colours. On the highest hill laid a cabin, made from three different types of wood, with a gray roof that towered into the normally bright sky that could bring a smile to anyone's face. Yet just like the outside the inside wasn't entirely grand but warm and inviting to those who visited and lived in it. And in this remote location in this tiny house, a man and woman lived poorly but happy. The man, though small and plain, was humble, kind, and strong. A man that loved his family more than what money could buy. 

However, when compared to looks, the woman was different. The woman resembled that of a white lily that shined like the moon and bathed in star dust. But in her sapphire eyes was the reflection of a beautiful heart. The reflection of never ending patience, strength, kindness, and love. Though different they were the same and they loved each other dearly. No matter the lack of food, money, or beautiful clothes. Even if their home was gone, destroyed beyond compare, they would not care. 

For their home was in each other's arms. 

And so, as the years went by, they scrapped by. But the man who knew how average and plain he was knew that she would never betray him, even though he had doubts that such a beauty could still remain his. For many a man that had caught a glimpse of a woman throughout the years had promised jewellery made of the finest gold, clothing made with the finest silk, and gems of the highest quality in order for her hand. yet every time the woman was promised things beyond her reach she had always turned them down. 

After another man that had promised these things to her left their humble abode one day he had asked her something that had been bothering him. 

"You do not want jewellery made of gold or clothes and gems of the finest quality. And neither do I. But even though we are poor I cannot help but think myself guilty for not getting you something or making something that shows that I love you. I cannot even get us cheap rings," 

The man looked down at her ring finger sadly. 

"I love you and I wish to get you something that you want with all your heart. Be it beautiful jewellery or cloth that shimmers with every movement and shines in the sun. My love, you have never asked for anything I cannot provide and I am grateful. But It is okay to want things you do not. So I beseech you, my love, what do you want?" 

The man took in his wife that wore rags that had not been cleaned for weeks and too big for her small frame. However, the woman that had heard the sadness and guiltiness in his voice for these silly things made her laugh. Smiling she had turned around to face the love of her life. 

"Darling, I do not want things of beauty made by human hands. And neither do I want gems that the earth had grown and held in her bosom for so long. For there is something more priceless than those things and I have already found it," The woman stated. 

At his confused look, the woman only laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, peering up at him with happiness and love that would never run out. 

"It is love. For love is the most precious thing of all. And I have found it in you. Your smile is like a sunshine and your laugh like a warm embrace. Loving you, living with you is the only thing I could ever ask for," 

The man's eyes twinkled like a gem in the sun as he peered down at her, love filling his heart. Breaking into a smile the man lifted up his wife and spun her around their small living room and into their bedroom. Beautiful laughter lit up the room as they peered at each other with smiles that came from their child-like hearts.