Chapter Three: A Call With The Writer

"So.. his phone number is in your book?" Eren asked, trying to clarify everything I had just said.

"Yes! I opened the book from the back by accident, and found it!" I knew it was unnecessary to be loud, but I was so excited, I couldn't contain myself anymore. Eren is the second person I've told.. mostly because I have no other friends besides him and Krista. Mikasa, Eren's older sister, is kind-of my friend, but not really. We only hang out when she's with Eren, but she isn't right now. Krista was, also, the first person I told.

"I know your excited, just keep your voice down." I nodded, blushing a bit from embarrassment. I hated it when my inner fanboy took over. It always ruins my life. "So, are you going to call him?"

"Well, I don't know if it is his number or not.. it could just be random numbers.."

"You don't know for sure. I say, take a risk." Eren said, with a light smirk. I sighed lightly, while nodding. There are two things that could happen if I call that number. One, I get disappointed because it was just random numbers. Two, It really is him, and I die from a heart attack. Either way, I'm going to die..

I got home, and immediately made a mad dash for my room. Sitting on my night stand, was the book I had been reading. Yeah, the plan to wait until the weekend didn't go over so well. Quickly, I opened the book, from the back, and saw the phone number. It did look similar to Erwin's signature, but it could be forged. With shaky hands, I opened my book bag, and searched for my phone. At first, I couldn't find it, which made me worried, but soon enough I spotted it in a side pocket. I took it out of my bag, and got ready to dial the number. My hands were shaking so bad, out of nervousness, which also made me want to throw up.

"414..990.. 4637.." I hit the call button, and put the phone to my ear. It rang for a moment, then someone picked up the phone. My heart stopped for a second.

"Hello, this is the Smith residence." Said the young feminine voice. Oh my gosh, it's actually his number! My hands began to shake violently, and the feeling to throw up got more intense.

"Um, hello." I said in a shaken voice. Pull yourself together Armin.. deep breaths.

"What is it you need?" She sounded a bit more.. annoyed? Crap, I didn't know how to be rich.

"I found this.. phone number in my Rise Of The Titan book.." My voice still very shaky.

"Oh, one moment please.." She now sounded chipper before the line cut out, music now playing. It sounded like elevator music, which was.. annoying. I took in some deep breaths, trying to contain myself. If this is really Erwin Smith's number, then I'm about to meet him! I felt a lump form in my throat at just the thought of it. The feeling to throw up got more intense. The music suddenly stopped, and I snapped my attention back to the phone.

"Hello?" Asked a deep, husky voice. I felt my cheeks go.. hot. His voice melted me.

"Um, Hello." I sounded so happy, and too excited.

"This is Erwin Smith, and who may you be?" I took a deep breath, wanting to explode with screams. His voice was so deep and sexy, and meeting him was just so overwhelming.

"Armin Arlert, sir."

"Well, congratulations, Mr. Arlert. You've won the special prize.."

"What's the special prize.. sir?" He chuckled lightly, and I felt like I had made a mistake.. crap.

"You get to spend a day with me." OH. MY. GOSH! I felt everything inside me explode with joy. If this is a dream, I'm punching a hole in the wall. Though, it probably is because this is, too, good to be true.

"Oh wow. I never would have.. expected anything like this." I tried to sound sophisticated as possible, and not scream until the call was over, but I didn't know how much longer I could hold it in..

 The call was short and quick, but was just enough time to give him some information so we could meet up. After the line went dead, I was screaming into my pillow. Luckily, it was only Krista and I home, otherwise my parents would think I'm dying. Krista knows they are just fanboy screams. She's heard them plenty of times to know that. Now, I just have to wait until the weekend. And, when the weekend comes, will be when I meet the only person I've ever wanted to meet. Erwin Smith..